Ma

Songster
12 Years
Aug 10, 2007
Camanche, Iowa
Well, how do you spell relief??

Chicken saddles!
big_smile.png

The girls were bald, and I wanted to get them covered before the skin got broken, bloody, and , well, you know, just plain ugly AND painful for the hens.

The saddles came today and besides being super duper functional, they are now stylin' as well! Took the girls a few minutes each to get used to them, and tonite they are still trying to "preen" their new saddles, but all in all, wasn't too bad.

What a relief, to have them protected finally. Ha! They even took dust baths in their new duds (I suspect to try and rid themselves of the "pests" lol!), and the saddles stayed firmly in place. Now maybe my girls can finally start getting their beautiful feathers back!

Ma

Can you share where you found some saddles for your girls? The ladies I used to order from don't offer them anymore or just aren't around. I would like to find a new resource. Thanks.

Jody

I bought my saddles from a Poultry Youth forum member. $6 a piece. But it turned out I didn't need them bc we trimmed the spurs off the roos
tongue.png

Yes, I will gladly share, because she is so great!

Her name is Marion LoPrinzi, and you can go to her web site at mbldesigns.com

She is fast, friendly and very informative. I highly recommend her. I got the dark green denim with no decals. She can even make special orders (at no extra cost) to your specific sizes.

My girls saddles were firmly in place this morning, and they acted like they didn't even know they were there. It took only an hour or so yesterday for them to get used to them.

And I know Randy (the Roo) has already checked them out, and they work great!
roll.png

I think its a must have for hens with bald backs, especially if the skin is broken and bleeding. That's another whole set of problems, not to mention pain for the hen.

HTH
Ma

Back
Top Bottom