lucky to still have hands!!!

SLWyandotte

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 23, 2011
Chatom, Alabama
i just got 25 silver laced wyandottes from the co-op today. they finally came in. put the waterer with sugar water in and dipped their beaks and they were ok, investigating the brooder. then they saw the silver tray of goodness coming in it was a 3" tall fuzzy stampede. like little land piranha. you would think they were starving but we were only in the car for 20 min. they had food in the co-op brooder and the lady there said they had been stuffing themselves all morning. is that normal?

gig.gif
A bunch of little piggies you've got there! Enjoy!
thumbsup.gif

Congrats on your new babies! Yep, that's normal. They are growing like crazy and will eat and eat and eat.

Just wait until they're full-grown and see you with something in your hands in the yard. . . they'll surround you and you won't be able to walk without stepping on somebody
lol.png

A whole 20 minutes with out food????? What do you expect, we're starving already!
big_smile.png

They are so much fun. Enjoy!

Quote:
One of mine jumps up and grabs food out of my hand -- with her already bulging crop. Have to hold treats up at head level.

They make the cutest feather piggies though. Don't feel too bad, Spot will peck n bite me when I am adding food. He is a 4 week old brat already. He acts like I am stealing his food when I am actually giving him more food. Hope he gets big and meaty.

Back
Top Bottom