Lump on chickens bottom

Hannahducks

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2019
This morning I had my first little chicks hatch SO exciting!! I noticed a lump on the bottom of one right away and it look well kinda gross to be honest like it's something that should be inside. However since I'm new to chickens all together and I've never ever seen baby chicks before hatching our own I'm not sure if this is normal or not. My guess is not but any information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much

Attachments

• 2658612B-CEB5-4E1B-8CE5-C717CEEA0F73.jpeg
    2658612B-CEB5-4E1B-8CE5-C717CEEA0F73.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 15
Looks like an unhealed navel, it’s best to just leave it and not pick at it. You won’t see it when the chicks fluffed up and it’ll heal up in a few days.

I agree navel. It should dry and go away in about a week or so, make sure the other chicks are not pecking at it in the mean time. I had one hatch the same way it was a week or two and I couldn't tell which one it was anymore.

I agree navel. It should dry and go away in about a week or so, make sure the other chicks are not pecking at it in the mean time. I had one hatch the same way it was a week or two and I couldn't tell which one it was anymore.
Fantastic thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom