1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lump on my Ducks foot

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DuckieMom1, Apr 20, 2017.

1. DuckieMom1

DuckieMom1 New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    My peking duck started limping and now can't stand up, I found this on the bottom of his foot.
    What can I do for him.
    Thank you
    DuckieMom1
    [​IMG]

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    I'm not sure what that is. To get a faster response post it in Diseases and cures. :welcome

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined us but sorry about your hobbling duck. That looks like a bad case of bumble foot to me. Here's a link that has two articles regarding this condition and what to do about it:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/chicken-injuries-diseases-how-to-diagnose-treat-your-chickens
    It is treatable - that's the good news. Takes some resolve and determination, cutting out the infection, and usually two people to do it right - that's the bad news. Good luck and keep us posted! [​IMG]

4. DuckieMom1

DuckieMom1 New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    Thank you so much for all the information you provided. I am going to try and get someone to help me
    cut this off with me. My heart breaks to see my poor guy just lying around. I will let you know how it
    turns out. He is only a year old.

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under DuckieMom1 [​IMG] Welcome!

I am sorry that your little guy is going through this and yes, I agree that it looks like bumblefoot.

Good luck and best wishes to him and you.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Bumblefoot is [​IMG] but, fairly common and treatable. You might like to check out the "Bumble foot thread" just put that in the search box above and it will come up.

7. DuckieMom1

DuckieMom1 New Egg

Apr 20, 2017
    We cut off the black spot, after 3 days he was walking a little still limping after a week. My next question is, he is a year old and I brought home a female thinking he would quir biting and chasing me well he hasnt mates with her at all, . I have had him since he was a day old

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Hey DuckieMom1

Sorry, I know nothing about Ducks but just wanted to point you in the direction of the Duck Forum which would be the best place to ask your question: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Best Wishes!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by