Lumps under duckling eyes

I have not managed to handle the duckling. I have fed her twice a day without fail. She is still well. I have looked into why she has them. She is scratching herself and causing an infection. It comes and goes, but doesnā€™t seem to be bothered by it. I will keep an eye on her as I have quite a little bond for her. If I feel as though it is becoming worse, I will ask the local bird sanctuary to pick her up and feed her the necessary antibiotics etc. We will organise to bring her back she is better. Fingers crossed it will not come to this. Thank you all for your input.

Only problem with letting it go is infection getting into the blood stream. That can be fatal. I hope it doesnā€™t come to that but something that needs to be considered with not getting her treated.

By chance could you order this?

https://www.walmartpetrx.com/p-9140-fish-aid-antibiotics-sulfa-tablets.aspx

I ask because another member's duckling had the same problem, and the vet suggested using Bactrim.
Oh my goodness... this link is amazing! I really needed this when my chickens had Bumblefoot in lockdown. I couldnā€™t access any VET for medical assistance!
I hope they deliver to the UK! I shall also purchase these for future use as it is very useful indeed.

Many thanks Isaac šŸ˜Š

Oh my goodness... this link is amazing! I really needed this when my chickens had Bumblefoot in lockdown. I couldnā€™t access any VET for medical assistance!
I hope they deliver to the UK! I shall also purchase these for future use as it is very useful indeed.

Many thanks Isaac šŸ˜Š

We're you able to order some? If not, I can try to find some for you that will ship to the UK, just ask.

Yep. That was me and I was about to suggest bacterial infection. My ducklings swelling was on top of his head and around to his eye. He also acted like it didn't bother him but I took him to the vet and she gave him bactrim and it cleared up.

I was thinking you were to the one who said that. What dose did the vet have you give it to her at?

Back
Top Bottom