Lupus nephritis

Pics
Jenny had the second of six chemo treatments last Friday, and seems to be handling this one better than the first.
fl.gif
Her hair has fallen out, but rather than opt for a wig she has gotten several 'stylish' hats and caps. Thanks for asking.

Sour,

What colors does she like? I wish I had known, I saw the cutest hats in Grand Rapids... but I could be on the lookout here... maybe we could start a hat collection...

I have a friend battling cancer. She has a great sense of humor and I was looking for a way to cheer her up. I sent a wig with a note on the outside of the box saying I was keeping my eye out for reasonably priced wigs and would send them as I found them. Every few days, I sent a wig with a short note giving suggestions for clothes and makeup to match.

The first one was a long blond (Obviously cheap Halloween) wig with two small strands braided to form a band around the head. I suggested a tie dyed shirt, bell bottom jeans, and sandals. the next one was a mohawk- suggestion, tank top and lots of gold necklaces, dark foundation and one earring. Next, rainbow fro- suggested polka dot dress and white foundation, lots of bright red lipstick. Then- long straight black hair, suggested black lipstick and a long sleeved black floor-length dress. I had to get creative because they are hard to find this time of year. I bought bright red yarn and cut it to three foot pieces. I laid it flat and sewed it together in the middle and braided each end (Raggedy Ann style) and bought fake gray fur and sewed it into a toboggan shape. I'm looking for dreadlocks and a crew cut.

She looks forward to each one.

Wisher, some of those wigs sound like some that the Princess wore in her 'wig' phase. Our kids still talk about her afro wig, pink hot pants, white high boot outfit that she wore when their school had a municipal officer career day. (She was our town clerk.)
th.gif
Yes, life at our home has been interesting/amusing/exciting.

Jenny has finally lost all of the 'retained fluids weight' caused by reduced kidney function. At one point she weighed 97 pounds - she now weighs 74 pounds and is now back on a more normal diet. She is still being tutored at home because of low white blood cell count caused by the chemo, but is actually enjoying that experience.

I lost track with this thread when we moved. I'm glad to hear she's getting better. Sour, ask around the Indians (not Native American, people from India) for hair products that'll promote hair growth. I used some Indian hair oil years ago in my teens when I chopped all my hair off and regretted it afterwards. My hair grew from a short bob down to my hips in a year. I kid you not! In SA they call it Amla Oil.
Best of luck and keep us updated!

Back
Top Bottom