Lurked and found info helpful now have joined!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Quailfan78, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Quailfan78

Quailfan78 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2014
    Hi,

We have an unusual set up as we have 3 hens, semi free range and two (did have three but one died) Quails in a separate aviary. I am here mainly because of the quails as they only arrived with us in May this year. Our hens are about 3 years old and they were hatched by my friends so we have seen them everyday of their lives! They are very spoilt and treated like royalty and have decided that they quite like coming into the house, even with 3 dogs!! They don't get in very often but are sneaky. They also have a treat ball that is filled with yummy treats and love that. They get all sorts of food including live meal worms. All birds appear to be as happy as possible. The really weird thing is I am a vegan so don't eat any of their eggs! My husband and children do however.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. jackn67

jackn67 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2014
    Ireland
    Welcome to BYC! It's a great site with really great people,forums,answer and of course chickens! [​IMG] sounds like an exciting and fun set up!

3. Quailfan78

Sep 20, 2014
    Hi
    Thanks for the welcome. It really is a fun set up! My profile picture is of one of my chickens, i think she was having a bad day because she looks really grumpy but was fascinated by my camera! My chickens are so nosey :)

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Merry Christmas! Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Glad you joined the flock. It sounds like you have an interesting mix of birds. Mine also sneak into the house even with dogs in. Be sure to ask lots of questions everyone very friendly and informative. Have a stop by the quail section here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail :frow

5. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Oh, quail are fun little birds to keep! I keep Bobwhites as well as chickens. I find them fascinating to watch mill around the aviary.

Definitely stop by our quail section to talk to other quail owners too.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

6. Quailfan78

Sep 20, 2014
    Thanks everyone, I like being part of the flock! What a great expression. I have already posted in th quail section, any advice over there greatly appreciated [​IMG]

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

8. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Pretty avatar!

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    So glad you joined the flock [​IMG]

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by