Lurked and found info helpful now have joined!

Quailfan78

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Hi,

We have an unusual set up as we have 3 hens, semi free range and two (did have three but one died) Quails in a separate aviary. I am here mainly because of the quails as they only arrived with us in May this year. Our hens are about 3 years old and they were hatched by my friends so we have seen them everyday of their lives! They are very spoilt and treated like royalty and have decided that they quite like coming into the house, even with 3 dogs!! They don't get in very often but are sneaky. They also have a treat ball that is filled with yummy treats and love that. They get all sorts of food including live meal worms. All birds appear to be as happy as possible. The really weird thing is I am a vegan so don't eat any of their eggs! My husband and children do however.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC! It's a great site with really great people,forums,answer and of course chickens!
1f60a.png
sounds like an exciting and fun set up!

Hi
Thanks for the welcome. It really is a fun set up! My profile picture is of one of my chickens, i think she was having a bad day because she looks really grumpy but was fascinated by my camera! My chickens are so nosey :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Oh, quail are fun little birds to keep! I keep Bobwhites as well as chickens. I find them fascinating to watch mill around the aviary.

Definitely stop by our quail section to talk to other quail owners too.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Thanks everyone, I like being part of the flock! What a great expression. I have already posted in th quail section, any advice over there greatly appreciated
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom