Lurker with ID Question

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Gordon_H, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Gordon_H

Gordon_H Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Hey yall,

I need to know what booger and henry are - we got them at TSC 15 weeks ago and they are larger than the other chickens. I know I have two EE, one Buff Orpington, one white-crested black polish (not from TSC - they were selling them on the side of the road and the wife HAD to have her), and one rode island red. These other two have me stumped because they are supposed to be hens, yet they look to be roosters, yet they don't have spurs or even the beginning of spur-bumps and they have not crowed and they have yellow feet with only a slight dark line down the middle of the leg and toes....so here they are-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a magnolia from Mississippi to yall....

[​IMG]

2. Gordon_H

Apr 12, 2011
    and on further inspection of that foot photo, I hope I am not seeing a spur bump....Yall like that nice chicken scar running down my hand?

3. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    thems roos

4. Gordon_H

Apr 12, 2011
    Thanks....sort of....

do you know what kind of bird?

5. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Look like Dark Cornish. Beautiful magnolia!!

6. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    x2 but not positive

7. California Gurl

California Gurl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2011
    x3 it looks like a male Dark Cornish to me. In pic 6 it also look like you have a girl Dark Cornish. My hen just hatched out 6 chicks crossed with an EE Rooster.

8. Gordon_H

Apr 12, 2011
    yep, after expert opinions were registered I looked up the cornish breed and the other two are not EE they are cornish hens...anybody want a couple of roosters?

Edit - we are working on letting them free range around the backyard and we let them out for a couple of hours a night while we are out there with them and there was a great blue heron that flew over and both (of what I now know to be roosters) alerted the hens and they all froze. That was a HUUUGE tip off....

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  9. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Quote:Maybe need to keep them then [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by