M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Well I'm sure you'll figure it out! 

What types of poultry and breeds of the poultry to do you do?
hope so lol

Atm we raise Swart Hona (mainly for the asian meat market though) and trying to build mom's flock of Silverudds. We also have two pairs of anocona ducks plus my mutt layer flock. We are look into getting more ducks, some geese, turkeys, and peafowl over the next few years.

The show birds I am looking into will be my foundations stock for my 5 year plan to show at the 140th APA nationals. Plus to get APA certificate flock within ten years.

Also, the judge from two years ago was either a local or a guy from texas I can't fully remember :/ alot of the OEGB guys were not happy about the texas judge at all with placings.

Hey...first time poster on this thread. :)

The Cream Legbar Club is planning a club meet at the Pearl River Classic APA show in January. The club members in the area that are organizing this meet are excited about the breed and feel that it is finally starting to catch on in this part of the country. I jwant to see if there are any show goers on this thread that have been to the Pearl River Classic that might have insider information on what to expect at the show and if there are any Legbar enthusiasts on this thread.

Hey...first time poster on this thread.  :)

The Cream Legbar Club is planning a club meet at the Pearl River Classic APA show in January.  The club members in the area that are organizing this meet are excited about the breed and feel that it is finally starting to catch on in this part of the country. I jwant to see if there are any show goers on this thread that have been to the Pearl River Classic that might have insider information on what to expect at the show and if there are any Legbar enthusiasts on this thread.   
I haven't but I been to shows run by the people running the classic, I can PM you what I know in general!

I don't have any yet. At present I'm relying on my parents' dwindling flock. We are building a shop/barn this summer that will have a coop attached. After that, the Fibona-chick sequence will kick in. (Fibonacci)

I'm planning on having about 30-40 once the flock stabilizes and I decide who I'm keeping.

Nice! We always have some chicks hatching! We have pure cream legbars these plan on using to breed we have EEs and mixes if you ever want any chicks! Speaking of that we have some set to hatch this Monday and a broody setting on 10 eggs

OMG, someone from Hattiesburg. I'm just 20 miles away on I-59. I have 9 Light Brahma pullets, 2 Buff Brahma pullets, and a Light Brahma rooster. Two of the lights are actually hens because although they were just born in April they each give me an egg almost every day..

I live in the sticks with 10 dogs, a cat, a horse, a fish room where I breed tropical fish. All my critters range free except the fish, of course. I was worried about the dogs with the chickens at first, but the dogs ignore the chickens and keep the predictors away.

I'd love to visit with you. Shoot me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom