M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Hi, has anyone here from Mississippi or the Deep South ordered from a chick hatchery before? I have, and am expecting the little bundles of joy at the end of the month. I ordered from Cackle hatchery and I'm wondering how long did it take the post office to get your chicks safely
fl.gif
to you. Cackle said that their hatch date is on a Wednesday with the expected delivery on Friday. But, I've seen lots of unhappy people here on BYC with dead chicks because it took 3 days for delivery instead of 2. How long did it take anyone else to get their chicks?
I ordered from My Pet Chicken. My chicks hatched on a Wednesday and my post office called me at 6 am Friday morning to let me know they were in lol. No issues :)

We ordered our "flock" of 25 hens from Ideal Poultry last October. They shipped the day-old pullets from Texas overnight via the USPS. It was funny when someone from the post office called the next morning and said, "Uh, yeah, you have some chicks to pick up..." When my husband went to pick them up a short time later, he said he could hear them "peeping" when he walked in the door! We had no problems with them; they're all healthy and fat 28-week-old laying hens now!

BTW, we're in Columbus, Mississippi and you can see pictures of our "ladies" on my profile page.

When the chicks were little, we kept them in a homemade coop that has plexiglass windows in it. The red brooder light shown bright in the windows at night. My mother called my husband's cell phone one night after supper and asked what he was doing. "Oh, I'm just checkin' on my ladies in the red-light-district" he answered. There was a long silence - and then he had some explaining to do...!
lau.gif

For all of you interested in poultry shows, I just read about one that will take place in October. I know absolutely nothing about it I just know some of you might be interested in that. For more info go to the north miss. Craigslist, they just posted the ad today.

For all of you interested in poultry shows, I just read about one that will take place in October. I know absolutely nothing about it I just know some of you might be interested in that. For more info go to the north miss. Craigslist, they just posted the ad today.
That is great! But probably a little too far for us to travel.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom