M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

This is Aloysius. He is a 17 week old Mystic Onyx rooster. We got him in a group of 5 chicks from Tractor supply August 3, and they said the eggs had hatched a week prior. We didn’t know at the time if we had hens or roosters. Well, we now know as he shows off his most superior “cock-a-doodle-do” each morning. He has 5 toes on his feet and black skin under his spectacular color plumage.
He is great at guarding his lady friends, and alerts them to danger. Whether it be a cat, a lizard, or a falling leaf, he is sure to sound his alarm. Unfortunately, our coop doesn’t have enough room to keep him and the girls comfortably, as we got into chickens to have eggs to eat. So we are looking to regime this magnificent creature. He will surely be a wonderful addition to any farm! Here he is now:

Pickup in Hattiesburg. Message me for more details

Hey guys! I’m in Northeast Mississippi and looking for Bourbon Red turkey poults for the spring. Does anyone know of a good place I can buy from? I had initially planned on ordering from Cackle Hatchery, but they are so far away and I’m concerned about how well the poults would do being shipped.

Hi there from MS gulf coast! Don't know of too many folks around here that have chickens these days. Just put my first post on this forum tonight and I don't even know for sure where I put it!!!
he.gif
You still around here? I'm just N if the Promenade in Biloxi. I have ducks.

I know this is a long way for you but you can call these folks first and maybe get some good info. They advertise in the MS Market Bulletin. They’re in Eupora. I’ll pm phone number. They answer call or text. They have rare breed duck hatching eggs. It could be a start toward getting the ducks you want. @NinjiChicki

Last edited:
My drake is a white Pekin. I've 2 grown hens, a Khaki Campbell and a Buff Orpington. I recently let my Buff sit on 6 eggs (she hoarded all the eggs), hoping for girls. She hatched 3- one drake (which I gave away) and two hens that are apparently Pekin-Khakis. They are 7 weeks old.

Attachments

• 20220107_164639.jpg
    20220107_164639.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220109_131720.jpg
    20220109_131720.jpg
    765 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220130_204437.jpg
    20220130_204437.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 3
My drake is a white Pekin. I've 2 grown hens, a Khaki Campbell and a Buff Orpington. I recently let my Buff sit on 6 eggs (she hoarded all the eggs), hoping for girls. She hatched 3- one drake (which I gave away) and two hens that are apparently Pekin-Khakis. They are 7 weeks old.
What a handsome boy and beautiful girls. Especially love the coloring of the Pekin-Khakis.
The weather isn't supposed to be great the next few days, so I'll try to get some pictures after all the rain clears up this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom