M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

I joined in June 2020, and somehow I missed the Mississippi page. I live in Meridian, Lauderdale county MS, I am retired from the military. We are planning to move out to the county, or some other county in Mississippi. We also plan to construct a per-fab Chicken Coop and run. We have plans to get some Road Island Reds and some Road Island Whites, or some Plymouth Rocks. Plan to start with 8 Chickens, and may add 2 more birds.
I too am interested in what procedures are used to protect your flock during bad thunderstorms, high winds, Tornadoes, etc.

Awesome! I live in the Meridian/Lauderdale county area also. More specifically, NE near NAS. I’ve never had one but don’t see good reviews on pre fab stuff especially TSC type coops. When you get ready hit me up. I have some connections to chicken people in the area.

Awesome! I live in the Meridian/Lauderdale county area also. More specifically, NE near NAS. I’ve never had one but don’t see good reviews on pre fab stuff especially TSC type coops. When you get ready hit me up. I have some connections to chicken people in the area.
Thank you. I will let you know when we are ready to get started. As far as the coop/run goes, we plan to purchase from Carolina Coops, their coops/runs ae not the cheep kind a I expect to be paying around $5,000.00 to $6,000.00 for the American Coop/run, plus an 18' x 6' x 6" footer, as a base for the coop/run constructed out of wood or concrete.

Attachments

• 6′ x 18′ American Coop with 4’x 6′ henhouse.jpg
    6′ x 18′ American Coop with 4’x 6′ henhouse.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 6x18-American-Coop-on-cement-footer.jpg
    6x18-American-Coop-on-cement-footer.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 6x18-American-Coop-with-4x6-henhouse.jpg
    6x18-American-Coop-with-4x6-henhouse.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 4
I joined in June 2020, and somehow I missed the Mississippi page. I live in Meridian, Lauderdale county MS, I am retired from the military. We are planning to move out to the county, or some other county in Mississippi. We also plan to construct a per-fab Chicken Coop and run. We have plans to get some Road Island Reds and some Road Island Whites, or some Plymouth Rocks. Plan to start with 8 Chickens, and may add 2 more birds.
I too am interested in what procedures are used to protect your flock during bad thunderstorms, high winds, Tornadoes, etc.
As far as protection from bad weather goes, my best advice is to build it sturdy and anchor the coop really well. I have a solid corner in my coop where the chickens can hunker down and get away from high winds. Of course, as we all know, if it gets bad enough there’s nothing we can do but pray for a good outcome. Let’s hope that one doesn’t hit!

As far as protection from bad weather goes, my best advice is to build it sturdy and anchor the coop really well. I have a solid corner in my coop where the chickens can hunker down and get away from high winds. Of course, as we all know, if it gets bad enough there’s nothing we can do but pray for a good outcome. Let’s hope that one doesn’t hit!
Thank you for the information. I plan to be watchful of where I place my coop/run to offer good protection for my flock. Plus being able to anchor the coop/run down is the reason for the footer. Most likely the footer will be made of concrete.

Looking for large fowl rooster/cockerel

Our beloved rooster John went missing and my mom and I are very upset. Can be as young as six weeks. We live in pearl and are willing to travel an hour or two. Anything it takes to fill that John shaped hole in our hearts.

If you'd like to discuss privately text: 601-259-5233

Our beloved rooster John went missing and my mom and I are very upset. Can be as young as six weeks. We live in pearl and are willing to travel an hour or two. Anything it takes to fill that John shaped hole in our hearts.

So sorry you lost your rooster. I recently sold my last 4 extra roosters. It shouldn’t be hard to find one especially around your area. If you can get your hand on a MS Market Bulletin there’s lots of adds from around Pearl/Jackson. I have eggs in the incubator but a 6 week old is still a couple months out. Also, I don’t do Facebook, but that is a good place to check. One thing holds true in the chicken world and that’s the fact that people always have too many roosters.

Aww sorry about your rooster. I've been seeing a lot of roosters for sale in Craiglist. I've used that website to find all of my hens and there has been an abundance of roosters available lately.

Back
Top Bottom