M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

I haven't been to BYC in a few years. Not many mississippians then either. I'm in carroll county. Close to MM i see.

I have a question. Are there ever any type of chicken shows in the area. 4H or anything like that that anyone knows about. I have 3 kids interested in chicken shows

8 barred rocks
1 salmon rooster
15 mixed
1 peacock
2 peahens
1 potbellied pig
3 dogs
5 cats
1 iguana
1 gigantic feed bill

and a brooder with 9 americanas, 3 blk silkies, and 2 red frizzles

just ordered the chicks and several have died:(

Last edited:
Hi duck nutt
I am in the Jackson area so that is not really close but at least we are in the same state. You are right about it not being many MS folks here. I Have been making a list an with you there are so far 15 on my list but most of those seem to be inactive.
Marie Martin and Kristen H in Tupelo seem to be more active than everyone else. There is new member Airmom 1co5 in Raymond (my neck of the woods) that I hope to connect with soon.
Anyway, welcome back.

Kristin,
What kind of ducks do you have? We are still working on the chicken thing. I have not had chickens in about 20 years and am waiting on my
order from Ideal to arrive next month. After I get
the chicks settled I am going to want a couple
of ducks but I have not started that research yet.

To tell you the truth, someone gave us some mixed ducks one time and that is what we have. A lot of mixed something ducks. They come out white, brown , some are mallards, some are big, some are tiny. It's just fun seeing what pops out. They all free range so they do what they want and come peck on the living room window when they are hungry!!

gc tiger I am from Meridian also. Small world sometimes. Nice to meet you.
Thanks Kristen. Mixed is good. When I get ready for ducks I may have to make a trip to Tupelo and steal a couple of yours.

Nice to meet you Duck. I have silkies and one salmon faverolle pullet. Guess we need to make a date for your roo and my pullet, huh? I had two pullets and one died. I have a few eggs in the bator now that if they hatch might be faverolles. I hope so. I have 15 new silkie chicks right now too. They are so cute out with their mamas. Nice to meet someone so close. Keep in touch. I have not found any type of shows around these parts and 4-H in Grenada is non-existent. I have nigerian dwarf goats and wanted to get my kids involved in 4-h and showing animals but there is no one in Grenada that is active. I know they do alot of 4-h in greenwood, you may try to contact the county extension office and find out more. Anyway, nice to meet you.

Marie Martin

Hello Duck from another Mississippian. I'm in the NE corner of Ms. Let the rest of us know if you find any shows. Seems like they are few and far between.

Back
Top Bottom