M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Quote:
I only moved to Woodville, MS in December and only recently changed my Avatar location. It had said Covington all this time.

As far as a meet - that would be great - could have it here - big old Plantation home surrounded by thousands of acres of woods - everyone could bring their chickens.

Last edited:
Quote:
Hello samapp - I am originally from Meridian also. Lived in Collinsville for a while, then to Quitman now here in the Jackson area.

hi Ruth
very nice to meet you. I'm not actually in greenwood, though I know lots of people there. I'm in carroll county. I say greenwood because more people would recognize it before carrollton. give me some names, might know them.

Quote:
I know Carroll County well - my mother was born and raised there and most of her brothers and sisters lived there so we visited often. Many with last name, Goodwin (Doyle, Cecil, Marvin, Myron) or Menga. You probably would know my cousin James Roy Menga (I may be spelling it wrong - I think he was a sheriff at one time). My father's family was from Greenwood - Joseph (my maiden/legal name). My grandparents had a grocery store on the main street across from The Crystal Grill and my uncle had a t.v. repair shop right next door. Another uncle took over the store after my grandparents died. I grew up in that store.

I believe we have some superior looking chickens here in Mississippi! Welcome all new members from Mississippi!
frow.gif

Hello everyone, have been on BYC for a little bit now and haven't saw this post or I would've posted sooner. But I see airmom and mariemartin are doing a good job letting everyone know I'm here also. Thanks Debbie and Marie.

Well I live between Canton and Madison and have the feathered friends and lots of them right now, just got in a bunch of chicks Wed, and Today and expecting more tomorrow but hopefully most of these will sell at the feedstore tomorrow and Sat for Easter chicks. Got my fingers crossed anyway. LOL

Nice to meet all the MS folks here.

James

Glad you finally made it James. Good luck selling all those babies. I will keep you posted on the beautiful araucana eggs you so graciously let me have to try. I tried candling last night (day 6) but it is hard to see in those compared to lighter eggs. But I have hope.

Nice to meet all you Mississippi folk and look forward to hearing all about your flocks.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom