M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Quote:
Back in 2007 when I first got into show poultry (still have never been, but took a interest) I contacted the ABA I think it was about possible shows in MS. The guy told me that the Mississippi governor I think didn't allow poultry shows or something like that, so after that I started looking for shows in Alabama. I don't have my subscription to the Poultrypress anymore, so this is the best site I've found to look up shows http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Shows.html

-Daniel

ETA
: Found at http://groups.google.com/group/mississippi-poultry-club?hl=en
"Poultry
sale

Poultry Sale the Third
Saturday of the month in Mendenhall! It's at the Feeit & Kleenit and
great turnout. The contact number is the store owned and operated by a
lovely couple Elizabeth and Billy Sumrall 601-847-0713.
The first Saturday of each month they have one in Hazelhurst,Ms.the contact number for Hazlehurt is 601-894-4320
The one in Hazelhurst,Ms. is from 6:00am to 10:00am next to the feed store which is cross from the old sale barn.

They have one in Mt.Olive ,Ms on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of each month.contact number for Mt.Olive is 601-797-3638 or 601-797-9788
The one in Mt.Olive is from 6:00am to 9:00am off of Hwy 49 at the covington county and simpson county line.

They have one every Saturday in Hattiesburg, Ms.. contact number for Hattiesburg is 601-268-9400 or 601-584-0939 The one in Hattiesburg is off of Hwy 98 west behind Farm City west feed store it start at 5:30am to 9:00am.

This sale is held the second saturday of every month. 22061 Hwy. 43 Picayune, MS 39466 Office Phone: (228) 255-0657 Cell Phone: (228) 493-0798 Fax: 1-888-760-8464

There is a chicken sale that will be held on the second and fourth Saturday every month. It at 2342 kiln Delislerd Rd 39556 Old fenton church grounds . Contact # 228-216-1998 Jimmy.

Poultry sale in philadelphia ms, every saturday there is a poultry / flea market on hwy 15 near williams bros store in philadelphia ...not a large amount of chickens and such...but if you live nearby it might be worth a short drive.. see ya there. "

I do go to the Philiadelphia flea market sometimes, it's decent sometimes and other times the birds you see there you can't get me to even walk near. A lot of feather peddlers I'd say there, matter of fact I've seen someone buy someones birds, walk maybe 10 feet and start selling them for a higher price. Some of the birds I've seen there are just plain saddening they're so sick, and I still watch someone come by and buy the birds.

-Daniel

Last edited:
There has not been a post is awhile.....so.....I guess I'll bring in the year. Happy New Year everyone. Here is my first GLW now almost 5month old rooster.
44962_after_dec_15_2010_chickens_and_dogs_033.jpg

Thanks. Like I said he is my first GLW.....so I did not think that he would look as good as he does. He is going to be my project rooster. Knock on Wood.
smile.png

Quote:
Back in 2007 when I first got into show poultry (still have never been, but took a interest) I contacted the ABA I think it was about possible shows in MS. The guy told me that the Mississippi governor I think didn't allow poultry shows or something like that, so after that I started looking for shows in Alabama. I don't have my subscription to the Poultrypress anymore, so this is the best site I've found to look up shows http://www.browneggblueegg.com/Shows.html

-Daniel

ETA
"Poultry
sale

Poultry Sale the Third
The first Saturday of each month they have one in Hazelhurst,Ms.the contact number for Hazlehurt is 601-894-4320
The one in Hazelhurst,Ms. is from 6:00am to 10:00am next to the feed store which is cross from the old sale barn.

They have one in Mt.Olive ,Ms on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of each month.contact number for Mt.Olive is 601-797-3638 or 601-797-9788
The one in Mt.Olive is from 6:00am to 9:00am off of Hwy 49 at the covington county and simpson county line.

They have one every Saturday in Hattiesburg, Ms.. contact number for Hattiesburg is 601-268-9400 or 601-584-0939 The one in Hattiesburg is off of Hwy 98 west behind Farm City west feed store it start at 5:30am to 9:00am.

This sale is held the second saturday of every month. 22061 Hwy. 43 Picayune, MS 39466 Office Phone: (228) 255-0657 Cell Phone: (228) 493-0798 Fax: 1-888-760-8464

There is a chicken sale that will be held on the second and fourth Saturday every month. It at 2342 kiln Delislerd Rd 39556 Old fenton church grounds . Contact # 228-216-1998 Jimmy.

Poultry sale in philadelphia ms, every saturday there is a poultry / flea market on hwy 15 near williams bros store in philadelphia ...not a large amount of chickens and such...but if you live nearby it might be worth a short drive.. see ya there. "

I do go to the Philiadelphia flea market sometimes, it's decent sometimes and other times the birds you see there you can't get me to even walk near. A lot of feather peddlers I'd say there, matter of fact I've seen someone buy someones birds, walk maybe 10 feet and start selling them for a higher price. Some of the birds I've seen there are just plain saddening they're so sick, and I still watch someone come by and buy the birds.

-Daniel

They dont have the sale in picayune on Hwy 43 anymore.December was their last one. There is also a sale every first and thirs saturday in Lakeshore,MS. Next to Kent & Sue's quick stop on Lowerbay Rd. 2283050213 for info or directions.

Quote:

-Daniel

ETA
"Poultry
sale

Poultry Sale the Third

-Daniel

They dont have the sale in picayune on Hwy 43 anymore.December was their last one. There is also a sale every first and thirs saturday in Lakeshore,MS. Next to Kent & Sue's quick stop on Lowerbay Rd. 2283050213 for info or directions.

Alright thanks.. I don't know since I don't go there, I just got those off of the Mississippi Poultry Club (Google group).

And just for the heck of it- here's some recent pictures of some of my birds for anyone who likes them.
2eas4d5.jpg

a40gog.jpg

263ixec.jpg

(this is one of the new Shamo's I received, only "decent" picture I've gotten of him. Still doesn't do him justice though I say.)
1q5zj8.jpg

(American gamecock)
2i95ant.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom