M I Crooked Letter Crooked Letter...ahh, nevermind....Mississippi

Pics
Is there anyone in South MS (Near Wiggins) that will have good quality Barred Plymouth Rocks for sale in Jan/Feb 2012? I would like to buy 25 of them and am willing to purchase straight run day olds. I would like chicks from good stock so I will get good layers and heavy cockerels for meat/breeding. I also read that BR are camouflaged to hawks. Is that true?
Thanks.

I just sold all of mine about a month ago. They were great consistent layers too. I'm looking for some lavender orpingtons and white silkies myself. Good luck!
smile.png

Just curious, anyone interested in these birds? Not the best of videos, but plan on having them and some other fowl up for sale soon.

This cock is a Shamo cross, I'm just kind of accepting offers for him but I wouldn't charge very much in my opinion (he won't be 5 dollars either). I like him, he is a nice bird towards practically everything and would be a good bird for someone just wanting something exotic. He is supposed to be pure Shamo, but I truthfully think he carries a little Thai blood. He may be a Oriental game breed, but he is not a game and as long as he is the only rooster on the yard or no other birds challenge him he should do fine since he isn't aggressive towards other birds.

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=TChd6DpwTVXxuskjRylgPoh4l5k2TGxc
http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=TChd6DpwTVWK4r5uzl8f94h4l5k2TGxc (cell phone vids, I kept touching him trying to get him to walk around as he has a good personality typically. But he wasn't too concerned with me. He is about two years old)

I also have his son up for sale, along with the sons four sisters.

Video of his son- http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=TChd6DpwTVVFpQvjovD1T4h4l5k2TGxc (he is not typically that active as if he is scared of me. I was feeding them and had not given any to him yet so he was walking in hopes of getting to the other birds.)

I could get photos of his son/him/the sisters later on hopefully if you wish.

Here are a few bad photos of his son, but typically shows his color a little better I guess. The three sisters are wheaten.
grey2.jpg

grey.jpg

I would be willing to take 25 dollars for he and his sisters, five each basically. They are about 5-6 months old and may already be laying, one was actually setting until something found the nest and broke her up the other day.

Among others I'll have for sale later would be.

A American game stag, which is 1/4 Radio 1/4 Doc Robinson Hatch 1/4 Shelton Roundhead and 1/4 Morgan Whitehackle blood. (bout 7-8 months, he is one of my favorite stags this year. He is not aggressive towards people at all, or shy. You can reach your hand in the pen with him and just walk him around into your hands. I actually have him up for sale now, but no recent pics and I'd like to get around 50 dollars but may consider coming down a little.)

A 3/4 Stewart Yellow Legged Hatch 1/4 Gilmore hatch cock (bout 3 years old or so).

A 3/4 Gilmore 1/4 Stewart (about 3 years old, he can be a manfighter at times so I don't encourage him for new poultry keepers, really I say cull him but some people don't mind them).

A Game cross stag (game blood is Gilmore) (I don't believe he is game either, and may do fine as long as he is the only cock on the yard or no other bird challenges him, probably around a year-year and a half of age).

Two 1/2 Doc Robinson Hatch 1/2 Radio cocks about two years old, usually gentle but the last time we picked him up one was a little aggressive acting but could just be due to not being handled about two years of age.

And a game of unknown heritage (yard hatch) which is as mean as they come. I'd just about give him away, am actually tempted to just cull him. But as I mentioned, some people like manfighters for whatever reason unknown to me. He too is about two years.

And I may even have a Lacy Roundhead cock up for sale, he can be a bit testy too sometimes which is the only reason I don't plan on keeping him for breeding.

All of the birds are from good bloodlines, so if you wanted some games just to start your own breeding programs with (though I recognize they're crosses) they would be something decent.

Maybe some more birds, have to debate it over. Most of these cocks were rescues one could say, a friend of ours wasn't able to care for all of his birds so we went over and grabbed some. No sense in feeding them when I don't have a use for them, so if I can't sell local then they go to online breeders; if not there I guess they're soup which I would hate to do since they are good birds in my opinion.

Open to any questions, and I will not sell them for fighting purposes.

God bless,
Daniel.

Last edited:
happy new year y'all! I think I might spend alittle more time on here 2012, I see I've fallen behind in the new orpington breeds for the US.
pop.gif

Kelly's Chickens :

Is there anyone in South MS (Near Wiggins) that will have good quality Barred Plymouth Rocks for sale in Jan/Feb 2012? I would like to buy 25 of them and am willing to purchase straight run day olds. I would like chicks from good stock so I will get good layers and heavy cockerels for meat/breeding. I also read that BR are camouflaged to hawks. Is that true?
Thanks.

The feed store (old co-op) told me they are going to order soon from cackle hatchery and that they would order specific chicks for me. I may try that.​

I was really hoping to get some from someone who breeds them so they don't look like all the other hatchery chickens I've bought. They all seem to have the same body shape even though they are different breeds. Someone told me that BR's are known for pecking each other and feather pulling. I may look into getting some Wyandott's instead since they are a dual purpose breed and are purported to be gentle.

Back
Top Bottom