ma ma pygmy goat questions

i don't have alot of experience with goats but from the little i have had its normal for the goats to have discharge after birth which it could go on for a few weeks, but like i said im no expert so if you think there is a real problem then seek expert advice, hope this helps!
thumbsup.gif

It should only have discharge for a few days~they will come into heat again around 14days after birth. They are able to breed at 3months old and kid 2x year so please seperate bucklings when they are that age or wether. Also,don't keep the buck with the does unless you are breeding have a seperate area for them!

OH THANK YOU VERY MUCH AS I WAS WORRIED ABOUT IT. THE BABY IS A GIRLS AND WE HAD SOLD THE BOY GOAT.
ALSO I WAS WONDER HOW BIG THE MA MA GOAT BREST SHOULD BE???. AS HER IS REALLY REALLY SMALL, BUT THE BABY SEEMS HEALTHY AND DOING GOOD. THANKS AGAIN.

If she is growing properly and doesn't look thin~ribby/hippy and such she will be fine. Give the mama some alfalfa which will help with milk supply if worried and good luck~

ma ma bleeding a little after give birth for 10 days it this normal?

Perfectly normal. This is called the lochia. It happens to humans, too. In goats it can last up to four weeks after birth. It slowly changes colors as time progresses, the first 3-5 days being rubra (red), then serosa (brownish or pinkish), then finally alba (yellowish or white). It is just her body getting rid of everything from the birth. Think of it almost like a long menses.

Back
Top Bottom