MadamPoofyBrow's Super Awesome Chat Thread!

Lol yep! The turkey, now named Griffin, has taken up with one of my roosters, Monsoon. Monsoon never stops talking, and Griffin just sits there, listening to Monsoon talking about his hard henless life
1f602.png
Monsoon and his brother aren't breeder quality (they're polish-
X Houdan) so they're just the janitors that's clean up all the corn spills
1f603.png

The good news is, the hunter is our neighbor and he knows about and loves all our animals and I know Griff's safe with him, but sometimes he lets OTHER people hunt his land. I need a WARNING: Guard turkey! Sign, lol!

Good I found a couple of kittens. Well my brother did. We named them Charlie and Stanley (open season) and we r working on another coop
1f60a.png

Last year,my husband shot a deer that had one rack. He didn't know it until we went to gut it. It's good that you take out deer with genetic defects though,so that they don't continue the bad blood line. Can cause some real problems that can eventually affect what venison we consume. Anywho....we named him Elliot because he totally resembled him! (Open season-lol)

Nothin much :-D

Any advice what age to start letting chicks free range? I've got 38 1 and a half week olds right now, and they're pretty big already. Eight weeks? Ten? I'll get some pics later, they're cute :-D They'll live with other hens and a few big roosters, who will probably protect them at least a little.

Back
Top Bottom