Madcap's 2 week old B-Welsummers

Madcap621

Songster
10 Years
Oct 30, 2009
Middle Tennessee
These are my B-Wellies that were 2 weeks old last Friday. They are growing so fast! Thanks gamebirdsonly for sharing!

43761_2_wks_001.jpg

43761_2_wks_003.jpg
They love their new roost
love.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Thanks. When they go to the 'grow out' pen, I add the 2' tall 4" PVC pipe and cap and it continues to function -- only have to fill once every 1-3 weeks, depending on # chix. Right now they love standing on the rock holding the cover on, playing 'King of the Mountain" !!

Last edited:
Quote:
lol.png
Thanks. Now you've done it!
lau.gif
I used to raise and show toy dogs, so I have crates and pens in just about every size. They adapt very nicely. I really like nipple watering, so I start my babies on them straight from the hatcher. I feed a tube thru' the top wire into the bottle to fill from outside. If you look closely, you can see it. I can adjust the height of the nipple by shortening the chain hanging the bottle.

The reflective insulating wrap is the 'free from PetSmart" insulated aluminum/plastic bubble fish bags. Before I happened on to that I used 4 mil plastic. I have enough of the bags to fully insulate my coups, too.
thumbsup.gif
[sometimes the fish come in styrofoam boxes - big ones - big enough to hold an auto turner. I love freebies!
celebrate.gif

Oh yes, I also mounted a porcelain light fixture inside of the crate and use the small halogen spots. I can fold back the wrap on top to add another lamp if I need more heat, or fold it back to vent for less. This 200 size crate will keep the six bantam chicks until feathered out at 4 to 5 weeks, when they will move to the "porch coops" -- converted puppy play pens
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom