Made a "warming hut" for my outside chicks

That is a great idea! I decided it was time for my chicks to move out of the living room and would like them to now move from the garage to baby goat shed/pen and that may be just the ticket to make the transition.

Thanks for sharing!

bravo.gif

I may borrow that idea for my girls, as I have 6 inside growing fast! I know they can handle cooler temps for short periods of time as our hens always had them out and about.

Last edited:
Thats smart. If you wanted to keep the temperature equal you could order a wafer thermostat from gqfmfg.com and wire it to the brooder lamp to control temperature, and then you wouldnt have to lower it every day.

May I post this on my message board for my members to see?

Does anyone think this idea would work for an indoor brooder? My indoor brooder is fairly large and the temps cool off quickly as soon as you get outside of the heat light zone.

What an awesome idea! I cant keep chicks in my house long if i get them cause of kids and dog so I thought I would have to get them older, if I get my coop done this would be a great solution! Chicken people arent crazy...they are smart!

I'm heading down to my garden supplies to find a suitable container! Thank you for this, I'll be brooding our chicks in an insulated room into which we'll insert a plexiglass container with a brooding lamp in our barn in May.

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom