Made it! We finally got to Hawaii

SuperK

Songster
6 Years
Mar 9, 2015
Big lsland of Hawaii- Puna District
With lots of encouragement for fellow BYC'ers JoAnn and I have made the move to the Big Island of Hawaii. House sold, belongings shipped (and still on the boat [takes 30-40 days]), Truck on the way (shipped separately[takes only 7-10 days???]) we are waiting for our stuff to arrive. Until then we are at a BNB for two months while looking for the home of our dreams. Yeah, the one we had our sights set on was purchased before we could make an offer, but no fear, a better one is out there for us.

I am looking forward to starting our retirement farm out with a coop, run and tractor for the chickens. Many thanks to those I have been in contact with already for their suggestions and ideas. for now, we spend our time hitting the beaches and looking at land. lots of places for sale here, one will be the right fit.

Super K

Congrats on the move! We are planning to move there soon. Traveling next week to look at houses. I am in the process of selling of the flock I have here as we downsize, and prepare for the move.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! JoAnn and I are looking forward to moving in! Then we start the unpacking, the weed clearing (the chouse has been vacant for a few months.) Start the Ohana building process and that's when I will start the chicken coops and rabbit cages. Sadly, the laws In Hawaii do not allow for rabbits to range free nor even be on the ground. I guess there are too many cats, chickens and pigs in the wild here for them to have one more "wild" species.

Antyler- Have a great time looking! It's a lot of fun looking for just the right house. Thankfully most areas are Ag zoned so you wont have too much trouble finding a great spot for your new coop.
Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom