Made my first Chicken Sweater Tonight... Photos and my free pattern

This is too perfect! I don't crochet (I know the basics of knitting) but I may have to learn how to now
smile.png

I know nothing about brooding I have a brooder that's been sitting on one single egg for a week and a half I was told if you take a flashlight and look through a tube you can tell if there's a chick in it.? do I need to remove the hen from the pen of other chicks and hens? I have a rooster that I didn't know I had I never hear in crowd but apparently he impregnated one of my hens. on another note does anyone know anything about decrowing or neutering roosters does it calm them down does doesn't stop them from growing any advice on any of these two matters would be very helpful? Great sweater! Shabbychick23

I found this pattern online and have made 2 and need to make 1 more. I modified this by making it close with buttons, as putting this over the girls heads would make getting it on a nightmare! I works up quick and I can't wait to dress them up! I am wondering if this will be warm enough for them and if a washable wool would be better to keep them warm? thoughts?

As i cant crochet and one of my young girls just had to have both of her wings amputated, id be seriously interested in buying one of these sweaters for her if she survives through her entire medical treatment. Without wings i imagine it would be very hard to keep warm!

Last edited:
As i cant crochet and one of my young girls just had to have both of her wings amputated, id be seriously interested in buying one of these sweaters for her if she survives through her entire medical treatment. Without wings i imagine it would be very hard to keep warm!
Oh, why is she having to have her wings amputated?

Is she full-size or a bantam? If you measure her around the biggest part of her body, I'll see if one of my sweaters would fit her. Poor thing.

Oh dear. That is so sad.

You know you can clip just the flight feathers, eh?

Of course I assume it was for a medical reason.

Back
Top Bottom