Made my first Chicken Sweater Tonight... Photos and my free pattern

I finally got around to making a sweater for the hens. I followed the original poster's pattern. The only thing I changed was the wing opening. I doubled the opening size.

She looked a little stunned in the first pic just after I put it on her. LOL But she soon got used to it. It was fun to make and only took me about a day, working here and there.

Good job! I haven't tried the crochet ones yet just because knitted items tend to be warmer (smaller holes), but I do intend to give this pattern a shot at some point, because crochet goes so much faster for me than knit.

Good job! I haven't tried the crochet ones yet just because knitted items tend to be warmer (smaller holes), but I do intend to give this pattern a shot at some point, because crochet goes so much faster for me than knit.
Thanks! This is a very easy pattern. Whips out in a couple hours.

I finally got around to making a sweater for the hens. I followed the original poster's pattern. The only thing I changed was the wing opening. I doubled the opening size.

She looked a little stunned in the first pic just after I put it on her. LOL But she soon got used to it. It was fun to make and only took me about a day, working here and there.
she looks very warm

Would yo
I made my first chicken sweater tonight. It turned out lovely. I came up with my own pattern because I wasn't happy with any of the ones I found online. the whole pattern is here...
http://dazed81.blogspot.com/2011/12/one-chicken-sweater-made-five-more-to.html

and here is a photo collage for your viewing pleasure. /img/smilies/smile.png

Chicken+Sweaters.jpg

[/quote would you be willing to make a sweater for me?? One of our girls was attacked by a dog and we nursed her back to health but she lost a lot of feathers and its pretty cold out in a December Michigan weather.

mamakat,f do you want me to mail this one back to you, maybe can fix it,

Back
Top Bottom