Made the mistake of going to TSC...

Shay1327

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Franklinville, NY
Well, I made the mistake of going to TSC to pick up another waterer and to see if they had any baby ducks. Not only did I get the 2 baby ducks I wanted but I walked out with 4 pullets (gotta make up that 6). My daughter picked out 2 Barred Rock chicks and my niece picked out 2 mystery chicks. I have posted a few pictures below of one of the mystery chicks. The other has the same markings but is a little darker. Any help would be much appreciated.
IMG_1949-1.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

Leg color is throwing me off. What color are they? Could be a brown leghorn as well or the possibility of a partridge rock. What hatchery does your TSC order from? That is always a good way to rule out a few breeds.

It is a cutie...LOL I do not think a PR...mine did not look like that...I do not own wellies or SS so I cannot say what the chicks look like.

Thanks to all for the replies. I'm thinking Brown Leghorn too. I asked the TSC guy where they order from and of course he was absolutely clueless. They also had marked some Cornish X's as golden Comets. I explained that he had it wrong there is no mistaking those Birdzilla's for the other (these looked to be about a week old) and he had no idea and said "a chicken is a chicken".

On top of not knowing what these two mystery chicks are my lovely husband stopped by a hardware store on the ride back in (he's a truckdriver) and decided to take the last lonely chick they had. He has the same markings as the one above but is a very light tan color with black chipmunk markings. The guy told him he was either a RIR or Barred Rock because that was all he ordered (this little guy must be a cast away). I'll try and get some pics up of him later, my husband has affectionately named him Peterbilt.

Back
Top Bottom