Maggots

DIYCHRIS

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 2, 2015
Weird question here for everyone! Well among my many hobbies and pastimes fishing is right up there on the favorites list and I was sat there fishing watching the usual Robbin who seems to follow me around my favorite fishing venue come for his usual feast in my maggot box when I realized at the end of the day I always chuck my maggot leftovers in the lake. Would it be OK to chuck them to my chickens rather than chuck them in the lake? Would it cause my chickens any problems?

As long as they are fresh, the only problem i foresee is that your birds will start to mob you for more delicious maggots every time they see you coming.

As long as they are fresh, the only problem i foresee is that your birds will start to mob you for more delicious maggots every time they see you coming.

I was just wondering if they could pick anything up from them but I suppose if there clean what harm can it do

Do you raise your fishing bait of maggots or do they sell them at a bait shop?

Shop for me they eat rotten meat that's why I was asking the weird question can chickens pick up anything from them such as salmonella

Back
Top Bottom