Magic Egg Laying Potion? YOU MUST READ!

Then there's dark, stormy periods that go on for weeks round here during winter. Some days last month the outdoor lights on sensors stayed off til 10am and turned on at 2pm or earlier and the chickens even turned up at the sliding doors expecting to be led back to the run for the night. But even during those times my hens mostly still pushed their passengers out the door as usual. Light definitely does make some difference—in our case not so much—but, ...

I reckon other factors are monkeying around with things, possibly more than light alone? I dunno... My brain hurts now.

I had no idea raising chickens would be like running a nuclear reactor. Heck, we have Llamas and the most complicated thing with them is hiding the truck keys at night so they don't go off on a bender in town, again.

Can you tell us the concoction and all ingredients and ratios. I would like to mix and try myself.
equal parts cyan pepper, black pepper, garlic powder,turmeric, ginger, basil, thyme, oregano, dill, cinnamon, and DE. I do a tablespoon per 1 and 1/3 cup of feed. Getting a steady 8 to 9 eggs per day and may grandmas chickens are very spotty on the laying. So take it as you will. If it is not affecting the laying the least i can say is it is extra health benefits im adding to their feed.

Hey guys! I am back with some cool info I discovered this last week! I posted a while back about putting together a spice rub to mix into your chickens feed to boost their health overall. Well I finally went out and bought the last couple spices and herbs to put together my "Spice Rub" (LOL) and started feeding about 5 days ago! The mix includes Cayenne Pepper, Cinnamon, Oregano, Black Pepper, and Thyme just to name a few. During my research of the health effects of each individual spice and herb I came a cross a lot of conversation over whether or not Cayenne pepper can boost egg laying in hens. There was a bunch of Yes's and No's to answer this topic. WELL... I am now a believer that it does! Before adding it to their feed I was getting anywhere from 1 egg to 3 eggs daily from 9 Hens! After about 3 days of feeding it I have gotten 6 or 7 eggs for the past three days!!! In three days I got just as many eggs if not more then i was getting in a whole week! So I don't know if this was just a coincident that 4 more hens started laying or if the cayenne did something to kick them in to laying! The only down side is since feeding them the spices I have notices some diarrhea. I will keep an eye on it and if the runny poop doesn't stop I will lower the amount I am giving or might just have to stop completely. Only time will tell!

try also adding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenugreek seeds

Just how does one convince a chicken to lay off (!) for the winter? Is it their age?
Yes, that's age related.

Regarding the Poultry Cell... I did not find it mixed well with water. It made lots of floaties and such...

So making a mash or putting in some food or snack is how I prefer to offer it... But that was only one time I used it so far. More experimenting is needed for me to know how I truly prefer to offer it.

I did put some in the water of my Silkie breeding stock before their long trip to their new home. They all drank it just fine and lived happily ever after. But I am an over thinker and I wonder about things settling and not getting utilized or just being washed out into the yard wasting my dollars.

Up here in Northern California... our daylight increase has been quite a bit already. I don't discount that the spice mixture could have SOME influence. Aside from the birds who might have some nutritional impact from it via the mentioned vitamins... the others may have an enrichment factor going on from their normal drab feed. Happy feelings influence hormones which may also influence ultimately the laying hormone. Chances are there could be many things going on.

While in NO way do I believe spice kill internal parasites or is effective at "preventing" them, some have been said to make an uncomfortable environment for them. Any small reprieve could impact overall health of an individual, possibly giving their own immune system a better fighting chance.

It's great that there are conversations going on! :pop

Back
Top Bottom