Magical mystery hatch along

Pics
Easter Eggs Penguin GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Good morning chickies!

We had about 16 hatch and they are still hatching. We did lose one #15 Flo/ Floyd :hit he pecked a hole but never finish hatching. We have been at church this morning so I don't know what we will be coming home to. Will update later.
Which ones hatched? Can you list them? I am excited! But I am also so sorry for your loss. Are you sure the chick is dead and not shrink-wrapped and still alive?

Both Marans aren't hatching either and we had another one pipped but doesn't finish the hatch. Is this something we are doing wrong?
It can take several hours to a day for a chick to zip and come out of the egg. If you feel like it is taking a bit too long, they may be shrink-wrapped and need help out of their egg.

Welcome Tintin @fluffycrow hatch while we gone. :celebrate View attachment 3762501

Omg you don't know how sweet this is. The first ever chick to ever hatch on my property looked just like that when she was first out of the egg (when she dried up some patterning showed up, but she was still mostly yellow). She pipped earlier than the rest, and had me worried through the night. I would talk to her to make sure she had some encouragement so she could hatch (even though at the begin of my hatching journey I said I wouldn't). Her name was Heartbreak-her. I lost her quite recently. Here she is when she first moved to her brooder, not looking exactly the same as your chick, but when she was wet she was identical
20230805_125136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom