Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Cheryl, I just built one 18 days ago...my first hatch is nearly due. I had to install a fan in the bottom where my heating element is to make it rise more forcefully. Don't put any precious eggs in it until you know all shelves are the same temperature!

Hey Renee, nice to hear from you!

For sure! It's being tested now, here it is with the trays in! Are you hatching in yours too? or just doing the first 18 days like me. I have a couple digital king suro that I will entrust the last precious days too!

If I'm unsure what's inside (stinky, gooey, explody mess) I put it inside a ziploc bag, seal it and then whack it with something like a knife or a small hammer and then slide the contents out into a the bag. Therefore, no mess, no smell.

I carry my duds out to the mulch pile and, standing at a distance, throw them down hard on a board. Then if they are not too stinky I take a closer look.

Thanks for some solutions to my problem, SCG and 1muttsfan. Now, I sorta feel stupid for not even trying to figure out a solution on my own.

And that, my friends, is why we are having this hatch-a-long -- to help each other out. Thanks, Mahonri and BYC for the 3rd Annual Easter Hatch-a-long!

Quote:

smile.png
smile.png

I've edited this. I hope it is less bothersome.

Last edited:
I see we still have three hatchers in the Atlantic Ocean. Maybe someone should PM them... before they drown....

It's been a hectic couple days here and on top of it all I have a sinus infection and my throat feels like I gargles gasoline :sick

But I'm happy to report I did get the non-Icelandic boys ( and one naughty juvenile Icelandic) separated from the Icelandic girls so I'm on track for having pure eggs for the swap :D

I have buff silkie eggs in the bator now so they can hatch before it's time to reload.

Ok, this post is marking my place so I can go read all I've missed and know when I'm caught up, be back ... Soon?

It's been a hectic couple days here and on top of it all I have a sinus infection and my throat feels like I gargles gasoline
sickbyc.gif

But I'm happy to report I did get the non-Icelandic boys ( and one naughty juvenile Icelandic) separated from the Icelandic girls so I'm on track for having pure eggs for the swap
big_smile.png

I have buff silkie eggs in the bator now so they can hatch before it's time to reload.

Ok, this post is marking my place so I can go read all I've missed and know when I'm caught up, be back ... Soon?

Ohhhhhhhhh, buff silkies are soooooooo pretty!

Back
Top Bottom