Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Razadia also mentioned that she went swimming recently too. We don't swim here now either. On the Coast, the surfers have to wear suits to keep them warm.

The earliest we will have any fruit will be peaches and Apricots in May.

However, Asparagus is in season.
love.gif

Ron

I'll admit, the water was freezing, but I had a lot of fun trying to get used to it.

Deb, we always have blackberries this time of year. We actually missed the berries last year because we waited until May to go see if they were ready.

So 15 of 138 hatched...hmmm. Better than none! Only 2 of my 24 or so local eggs hatched, the rest were shipped! No quail. BUT...I had chirping last night. Today nothing. I opened an egg...ALIVE! ahhh...so I have chirping right now again. I didn't count them in my total. They're so late I doubt they'll hatch and if they do, it'll be after midnight mahonris time.

Quote:
gig.gif
... Shoot! Now I'm craving blackberries. Mmmmm, I love them frozen with honey drizzled on top and served with cream.
droolin.gif

Come on down the hill, I have a freezer full!

Deb

Careful! You don't know how long it's been since I've had Blackberries! Once these storms pass I might just head over the hill and bring the ice cream maker with me!
lau.gif
DH is looking at me sideways right now as he reads over my shoulder. He knows my cravings well enough to be nervous that I might actually do this!
gig.gif

Quote:
X2 - I have lots of blackberries in the summer and fall, but never this time of year!

Razadia also mentioned that she went swimming recently too. We don't swim here now either. On the Coast, the surfers have to wear suits to keep them warm.

love.gif

Ron

Jeez!!! You folks are killing me! Ron it's like you knew how many stores I went to this week looking for asparagus and you are just torturing me now!!!
th.gif

woot.gif

I already turned in my official hatch number as 5/7. But look how close #6 is? I guess he/she doesn't want to be counted. I actually took this around 3:20, so for all I know, it hatched by now. I sure hope so. If it's still in the shell in the morning when the preschool opens, I'll peel it out if it's still alive.

And for fun, here's some kids crowded around the chicks, oohing and ahhing over how cute they are.

thumbsup.gif
Kids and baby chicks just go together!

C'mon last little chicky! Hatch!
fl.gif

Quote:
X2 - I have lots of blackberries in the summer and fall, but never this time of year!

love.gif

Ron

Jeez!!! You folks are killing me! Ron it's like you knew how many stores I went to this week looking for asparagus and you are just torturing me now!!!
th.gif

Sorry about that. Food 4 Less had them for 98cents a pound. I grilled Asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper as the vegetable for Easter Dinner. Next time you come to California you should get some. I hope your stores get it soon.

Ron

love.gif

Ron

th.gif

Sorry about that. Food 4 Less had them for 98cents a pound. I grilled Asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper as the vegetable for Easter Dinner. Next time you come to California you should get some. I hope your stores get it soon.

Ron

Yes everybody had it on sale for Easter here and I guess I waited too long and the sales were too good cause they were all cleaned out by the time I got around to shopping. I was kinda distracted by this hatching thing that was going on then! You cook it the same way I do except I add orange zest or sauteed garlic with a little parmesan at the end, depending on my mood. I also love it with a poached egg on top or in quiche. OK this is not helping! I'm sure the stores will have more in a day or so.
fl.gif

*sigh* I miss the produce I took for granted when we lived in California!

I'm asking this question just cuz I can't quit this thread...

I have eggs in the bator. I'm leaving on Sunday. They should go into lockdown on the 18th, I won't be home until the 19th. Can I put them in lockdown on Sunday or do I wait until the 19th?

I'm asking this question just cuz I can't quit this thread...
I have eggs in the bator. I'm leaving on Sunday. They should go into lockdown on the 18th, I won't be home until the 19th. Can I put them in lockdown on Sunday or do I wait until the 19th?
If it were me, as long as you're temps aren't running high and you don't have an early hatching breed, I'd wait till I got home.

Question, I made hatching baskets and seperated the eggs at lock down but i'm convinced one chick climbed over... Do Ameraucana chicks ever hatch out chipmunk? I'm convinced an Icelandic scaled the fence and went to play with the neighbors.

Only Silver Ams hatch striped; and they are silver/grey with black stripes with the head having only one, broad, black stripe in the center, though there is usually "eye liner" behind the eyes.

Back
Top Bottom