Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Soooo not fair.
th.gif

Although, when I hatched my own flock's eggs, my ratio was much like yours according to the old-timers who were sexing my chicks as I was selling them. Hasn't benefited me much because I just usually am hatching shipped eggs.

I read... darn, somewhere that putting ACV in the water, which raises the acidity, can result in your hens producing more females. I do use ACV, but correlation is not causation.
wink.png
I've also read that putting younger cocks with older hens produces more female, but that's not the case around here. I don't know that anything we do can actually affect that ratio, but it would be awesome if it could.

Any thoughts?
pop.gif

Last edited:
Soooo not fair.
th.gif

Although, when I hatched my own flock's eggs, my ratio was much like yours according to the old-timers who were sexing my chicks as I was selling them. Hasn't benefited me much because I just usually am hatching shipped eggs.

I read... darn, somewhere that putting ACV in the water, which raises the acidity, can result in your hens producing more females. I do use ACV, but correlation is not causation.
wink.png
I've also read that putting younger cocks with older hens produces more female, but that's not the case around here. I don't know that anything we do can actually affect that ratio, but it would be awesome if it could.

Any thoughts?
pop.gif

I do it with shipped eggs from multiple sources and with my own flock. Whatever I'm doing though does the opposite for ducks, I hatched 4 boys and 1 girl. No idea what's causing it as I normally have a good hatch rate too, maybe all that's dying off are the boys?

Mine were set really late due to my accident and they aren't due to hatch till the 17th of this month.
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I candled them and they are looking really good though
love.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
I haven't been on here much because it has been hard to sit in my chair with the broken ribs and surgical scar on my stomach but it is slowly healing now so only the ribs are sore.
hugs.gif
love.gif

Mine were set really late due to my accident and they aren't due to hatch till the 17th of this month.
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I candled them and they are looking really good though
love.gif
hugs.gif
fl.gif
I haven't been on here much because it has been hard to sit in my chair with the broken ribs and surgical scar on my stomach but it is slowly healing now so only the ribs are sore.
hugs.gif
love.gif
SO glad that you are recovering.
love.gif
hugs.gif
Not sure what is worse, a smashed wrist or ouchy ribs. Both require management and percoset!

Back
Top Bottom