Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

<<<YAWN>>> Awww, go to sleep and wake up to a gazillion posts!

Nothing happening here yet.
hu.gif

Ah all these early hatchers are killing me!! I don't see anything happening yet with my eggs
barnie.gif
By the way today is my 21st birthday and I got the bet present ever - a 101 on my organic chemistry exam!!!
big_smile.png

wee.gif
That IS an awesome 21st Birthday present. I'm sure you worked hard for it too!

My first chick has hatched!!! It was a california white hen egg (only white egg layers I have, but these eggs were before I separated them from the rest of the flock). Now cal. white chicks always hatch out yellowish with a black spot on their back or two. This one is BLACK!!
ep.gif
Solid black....me thinks my Barred olive egger rooster got is the daddy. He's my only roo that could have made it black! lol
gig.gif
One other cal. white egg is pipped too.

Ah all these early hatchers are killing me!! I don't see anything happening yet with my eggs
barnie.gif
By the way today is my 21st birthday and I got the bet present ever - a 101 on my organic chemistry exam!!!
big_smile.png

wee.gif
Awesome!!!!!!!
wee.gif
That is not an easy course. My daughter is taking it right now.

Day 19 and all is normal and quiet here.
caf.gif

As far as I know same here. But of course once I get home, the first thing I am going to do is check the bators and probably be right back to hatching envy.

SCG and Mary I am with both of you. I don't think I will have any early hatchers. When I candled last night before lockdown, not a single internal pip. I am not worried though since hatch day isn't for two more days. Good news is that my waxed fluffy AM is still trucking along. I was a little bummed last night that I did have to pull one of the other fluffy AM eggs because it was a quitter. Oh well. Other good news is that I finally 'fessed up to DH (he comes home on Friday, I had to tell him before that) about the second bator. It started with me telling him that the eggs are in lockdown. And he says, well how many are in lockdown. I know you had to pull some out. He knows that I can stack a few extra in the Brinsea but 42 just isn't gonna fit in there. So I tell him a bunch. He said, well how many. Soooooooooooooooooo I said, well see there's something I have failed to mention to you. He knows me so well, he immediately says you have another incubator.
wink.png
I said well, maybe. He just starts laughing and says, how many are in lockdown? I told him ONLY 42. He says thats a lot. I told him it was less than the 66 I originally set. He laughed again. He thinks we will have 42 chicks, I am thinking the number will be much lower. I haven't been impressed with the styrobator but we will see how it goes. It has been pretty stable on temps and I didn't put any water in there until last night so
fl.gif
for a few out of that bator. The shipped eggs didn't fair too well but with them arriving only hours before setting maybe they didn't have enough rest time? IDK the air cells on them looked good so I set them. Oh well, if everything (or at least most) in the Brinsea hatches, I should have one of each breed that Renee sent. That would be cool!
big_smile.png

Glad you finally told him and he was ok with it.

Mahonri --
smack.gif

Karimw --
smack.gif

Anyone else?

I could probably use one to get me out of work-mode. I've decided to apply for the supervisor position I was in a year ago as acting. It ate up my life and the little sanity I had left, but someone's gotta do the job, it's been vacant for almost a year and a half and we need to get rid of the inertia in there.

The Sheriff just got the new Brinsea Cabinet incubator.... as always, I'm envious... but I don't own acreage that I live on, nor a nice big barn etc....

OvaEasy%20Advance.jpg
Only $850.00 (for one)

You know, Dar, I think I just might know what I'm going to do with my tax refund. Would your wife believe you if this showed up on your doorstep? Or should you just PM me your office address?

jumpy.gif
I had 4 more hatch today and several more pipping and zipping. I have been going nonstop since April Fools Day.
th.gif

I am with you on the spanking and I use a pinch chain on my dog.
smile.png
I believe your niece wants to be with you because you give her boundaries. Most kids want to know the rules. If you don't give them rules they really don't respect you. And my dog loves his pinch collar. He sits and puts his head up grinning at me while I put it on. I admit he is a strong willed dog so he knows with me the only way he goes out is with the pinch collar. He is only 2 yrs so we are hoping as he ages he will get better about being off leash.

I agree completely.

ok birds just cherped out side and my heart skipped a beat tinking that i have chriping from bator and then i realize i am at work and just the birds outside lol

lau.gif

superchemicalgirl wrote:

Quote:
Yeah right!!! and you KNOW where I live!!!

DW might maim/kill... but I suppose I could set it up at work...
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom