Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Looks just like mine!! Yuck.

Shouldn't it be The Great Derriere Reef??

lau.gif

Since we have such a large audience here I thought someone may be able to help with this, which I previously posted on the Kansas thread:

>>
Does anyone have experience with Chinese brown geese?

I have a pair and need to know their genders. I took them for the folks down the road from the farm, as they thought them a nuisance and at under a year, hadn't laid eggs or anything.

I know a male is supposed to have a larger knob, and one goose is ever-so-slightly larger than the other, but they are almost indiscernible.

No eggs so far, and neither is aggressive, but they are rather terrified of everyone.

They are like two halves of a whole.

If you can tell gender, I'm all ears!

You don't believe everything you read on the internet do ya?
wink.png

You notice the calendar says, "if you set your eggs early in the morning then THAT is the start of Day 1". No matter what time you set your eggs, that is the start of day 1. Just like an infant, they don't turn 1 until they get to the end of their first year.

In my book (and I think Greenwich mean time will agree with me), 24 hours still equals a day. Of course, I'm not taking into account the periodic time adjustment to adjust fraction seconds.
cool.png

Anyway, one day after 8:00 am is still going to be 8:00 am tomorrow. So for me (and I assume most people), set day is zero, 24 hours later is day 1. Just the way I do it. Actually I think my incubator runs a tiny bit hot (I haven't calibrated it), my hatches have all started on day 20.

Deb

I just tested my typing. It was at 60 wpm...but I had to read the words off the screen, and they were not in a sentence form. So, when I am typing my thoughts, it is a little bit faster. Maybe 75 wpm?

I just tested my typing. It was at 60 wpm...but I had to read the words off the screen, and they were not in a sentence form. So, when I am typing my thoughts, it is a little bit faster. Maybe 75 wpm?

That's right, make me feel bad. I went to high school with a guy that could type 120 on a typewriter. Yes........I know.......I'm old.

Back
Top Bottom