Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

I've got the brooder box in the kitchen set up. Paper towels in the bottom, Waterer in the 'cool' corner with sterilized kids legos... to keep them from drowning. Chick mash in a tiny homefashioned feeder in the other cold corner. As soon as I put chicks in there I'll take the most accurate thermometer and put the probe down under the red light.

All I lack is CHICKS!

The kids keep going to the bators with the flashlight, looking for pips. My 6 year old said she coaxed the chickies out last year by peeping and so she sits next to the bator peeping... cute.. I'd better get some chicks!! I'm putting my faith in the dry hatch method!

Off to finish paying my tithing for the year.. we were so blessed by the Lord, even if my income did go down 10% from last year, I still feel very fortunate. On my way back, I'm buying more batteries for the flashlight.

O, and BTW,

Murano... we need pics.

Quote:
Thanks, I just now went to check it at 9:15 P.M. The humidity is now down to 73%. Hopefully, it'll be in the mid-60's by tomorrow morning; otherwise, I'll just have to live with the 73% and hope for the best.

Mahonri,,one day away and I'm 4 pages behind,,,about your pump,,as you look down at the pump from the top,it turns clockwise,,the hose on the right coming from the water tank,is under the hose that is where the water is pumped to,,there is an exact measurment for this hose,and over time it will stretch,,,do you still have the manual,or want me to look it up??

I have a still air so he's not fluffing very well...he makes cute little noises though!
DSC_0081.jpg

I have a chickie! It's a a day early, so he's chillin' here at the computer--all warm and snuggly.

Quote:
OOPS... it's 5.5 inches... and mine was almost 6"

Let's see how it does now.
i

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom