Mahonri's First Annual New Year's Day Hatch/Jan 2010

Just wanted to add that son of Mahonri and DS #5 confessed that they put one of Long Jeans (on of our wheaten ameraucanas that lays a LONG egg) eggs in a day late. They called the egg, JD (their initials)...

son of Mahonri was jumping up and down for joy when a moment or so ago he noticed that JD had pipped.

Did that make sense?

Quote:
SO sorry teacher
sad.png
Lots of positive vibes for the next time around!!

Update: First blue mottled cochin chick enjoying his new digs in the brooder, and one more egg pipped about 9am, zipping by 10am and hatched by 12:30pm! He's a blue mottled too, cute as a bug!

So I had an early hatcher, an on-time hatcher, and the rest (??) I wonder if there is hope for them, no movement or pips that I can see I cant tell if peeping...

Don't give up! I just noticed that a FBCM that had pipped last night was getting bigger. Who'd a thunk it, I had already written it off.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok, I will try not to...patience Grasshopper, right?
wink.png
Although I am thrilled with even two chicks to be honest!
smile.png

Quote:
A hatch can last 2-3 days. It is recommended that you only hatch for 26-36 hours and get rid of the rest. If you continue to wait for chicks to hatch it proliferates a slower hatch on the next generation.

This often happens on birds that are very valuable, so they can run around two days late.

I went in this morning and counted my eggs, I only had seven, not 12. I have one silver and five little bluff babies! One was a quitter.

Just a few group shots.

Here are some of the Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas some from my flock, some from Pips & Peeps (Jean)

10376_w-bw.jpg

10376_w_bw.jpg

Now some pics of some EEs..

Father is my Blue Wheaten Ameraucana...

Mothers from left to right, Salmon Faverolle, Bearded Buff Laced Polish, Splash Ameraucana from a B/B/S hatch last year. First front and then back.

10376_eefront.jpg

10376_eeback.jpg

Some of the French Black Copper Marans from pasofinofarm (Melissa)

10376_fbcm.jpeg

And last but not least 2 chicks each from my beautiful Delaware and Black Star pullets mated with a Golden Cuckoo Marans... none of my GCMarans made it.

10376_gcmaranx.jpg

I am so glad for you Mahonri.

Yes, do not go in there to help anyone out until everyone has stopped hatching (zipping) If you do, you may have to help everyone out and you have alot of them there!

I am able to function again knowing that you are having a great hatch. At least you have over 20! I am working on pics of mine.

Back
Top Bottom