mail order chicks where I don't have to buy 25??

In addition to my eggeating girl, I recently had an illness go through mine and my neighbors flock. I lost half of my girls and am looking for replacements.
We normall get our chicks every other year at the local county fair, but that isn't till late September. Ann the places I found on the internet have a minimum 25 chicks to be mailed.
Does anyone know where I can just mail order 10 sexed brown egg layer? That is more thatn enough I can split them with my neighbor and we would both be happy.
Any suggestions would be great as I don't want to wait 6 months to get chicks, then another 4-5 for them to start laying.

Aloha,
Cory
I ordered six female chicks from Murray McMurray last year, with a extra "small order fee" of $35.00. Total cost with shipping & vaccination came to $78.

This year I ordered 3 females from Meyer and there was no small order fee, but the shipping cost was $50! Total cost for just 3 vaccinated birds was $69.

Oddly im just clicking the threads listed at the bottom of the page thinking they are all current
If it's the section titled "Similar Threads," most of them are pretty old. (Not all, but most.)

At least on my computer, the newest threads appear in the top right corner of the screen.

Back
Top Bottom