Mail pullets died

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by feathersnmore, Jun 25, 2007.

1. feathersnmore

feathersnmore Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2007
    Just wanted to let everyone know because you all were so sweet and worried about them when they were lost in the mail, they passed away this morn. i found out tho through an email this same person i recieved my birds from has sold sick birds to others. and they had the same problems. So i will be way more diligent on getting my birds from now on. Thank gosh i had enough animal experience to know they were sick and kept them away from my flock. I feel for the birds tho, they should not have had to start with a life like that, i just feel a lil better knowing their last days were filled with love and caring! Thanks everyone!!

2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    feathersinmore...so sorry!! Darn doesn't that just get to you? again, sorry.

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    The whole bunch died? How horrible. After all your worries and caring...I'm sorry for you and them. Now you hafta get more and let us know how it goes.

4. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] Oh No! I'm so sorry. I was hoping & praying they would make it. [​IMG]
    Miriam

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

My condolences on the loss of the birds...that's a bummer...

6. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    [​IMG]

7. tiffanyh

tiffanyh Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Connecticut
    Sorry to hear that....

8. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Im so sorry to hear about your chicks. You worked so hard trying to make them better....they knew love while you had them.

9. missusduray

missusduray Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    Northern Minnesota
    Sorry to hear about your birds. It is terrible that people would intentionally do that to animals and then send them to people that paid good money for them. Poor babies, at least they had you at the end.
    Kristyne [​IMG]

10. Chellester

Chellester Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I am so sorry for your loss- that is a big bummer!!!

I would consider taking legal action against the seller. This is not always easy to do with long distance sales, but it has been done, and it might be easier in your case than in most because there were live animals involved.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by