spook

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
North Central Florida
celebrate.gif
Maine Swaps for the year 2011.
celebrate.gif

we are adding 2 more swaps to Augusta Tractor supply. today's went so well , doing 2 more.

Saturdays Oct 15 and 22nd Augusta TSC, 8:30A - 1 pm .

we are going to have door prizes if we get enough donations. today's swap had door prizes for the vendors just as a way to say thanks, just simple things, nothing expensive, just a way to says thanks to all the vendors. we are going to work on something for next yr so we can maybe have door prizes at every swap.
off to start a new swap thread for these dates.

Buy, Sell, Trade
-All types and ages of poultry
-Hatching and edible eggs
-Game birds
-Rabbits
-Any other backyard livestock (goats, sheep, calves, etc.)
-Any backyard farming equipment
-Plants, flowers and veggies
- Anything to do with backyard farming and/or self-sufficient living.

NO set up fee, come and enjoy this day with fellow farmers and self-sufficient folks.

For further information please call 207-416-4054

jumpy.gif
Thank you very much!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Thank you guys, I'm looking forward to holding the Farm Events. It is so much fun, and now that all the ciaos with the Event Insurance has been cleared up, the Lewiston TSC cleared that up for me, and the TSC manager found me in Lewiston gearing up! So, hey, I don't have to put out $244 of our money to insurance, yeeha! Bob and I will put one on in the spring up here at the Oxford one, then 2 down in Lewiston one in the fall is to basically to say "have a nice winter" to the old friends and new.

Scooter is doing terrific. I have a Scooter Junior that looks an awful lot like him and I want to retire Scooter to his girls. He is 7 years old give or take a year and still does exceptional, but when I hold him he relaxes and falls asleep. So, I pray that I have a sweet boy to go with us.

This is "Misty/Mister" we thought he was a she when he was just young and nope, he is all man. Sweet gentle 'giant', he is free to a good home. He is pet quality, unless you have the ability to figure out how to avoid vulture hock. That is what I'm told was the issue with his family line and the breeder got tired of Std Cochins and sold out. This guy is from quality stock, wing tagged. I have 2 std Cochin roosters.
9241_mistymister2.jpg

I would love to see him re-homed to a nice place. If you know anyone in need or want for him, email me, or I'll gladly give you my phone number. He was/is NPIP clean and maybe 1 year old now or in spring. (I am not fully NPIP certified, some birds are and others I'm waiting to grow up.)

Anyways, its going to be great! Jen, how are your guys? Still working on the Bantam Cochins? You need to have a Chickenstock over in your area Jen, and Stano (gosh cannot think of a name) is going to have one in Sanford this spring, I hope! We need to support his event.

Do you guys know anyone in Maine area nearer McFalls that may have 5 layer hens ready to lay or just started. There is a guy that I've been trying to point in a direction of a few birds only for laying eggs.
Be well! Ty again for stopping in!!!

Last edited:
Is anyone going to have young naked necks in the spring?
Also, is anyone interested in splitting an order for ideal?

Quote:
I may be interested in splitting an order. I was thinking of getting some self blue (lavender) silkies when they are available again...what are you interested in? I really only want a few to breed with nice blacks and I would have to order 10 for the $25 minimum order...

Back
Top Bottom