Maine

Thank you for all of the advice guys. I'm still confused on what to do and pretty heartbroken. I'm not are what our next move should be. We are expecting guineas next week so, I need to figure it out. They will be in a broader for a bit but still need to figure it out. Ugh!

Hi! I had that idea earlier in the spring about getting scrap greens for my chickens from Hanaford. The worker was trimming the kale and lettuce into a big trash can and I asked her if I could have it for my chickens. She looked at me as if I had lost my mind and said thats never going to happen! Friendly huh? Waterboro Hannaford. I don't know why I still go there.

Geez! Thats horrible. Contact hannaford corporate. They get tax right offs for giving greens away. That employee didn't know what they were talking about. I'm lucky to have the friendliest hannafords in all of New England. :)
Hi! I had that idea earlier in the spring about getting scrap greens for my chickens from Hanaford. The worker was trimming the kale and lettuce into a big trash can and I asked her if I could have it for my chickens. She looked at me as if I had lost my mind and said thats never going to happen! Friendly huh? Waterboro Hannaford. I don't know why I still go there.

Last edited:
Welcome Vardo. This is a good place to learn! Nice looking chicks. How did you manage to get just 3 chicks? Most places won't sell less than 6. Wondering if the standards are being relaxed a bit. Nice looking chicks.

Its amazing how big the chicks are getting! !!! The April hatches look like monsters next to the week olds. Might try bringing them outside this weekend.

Congratulations on finishing school, Mainechick!

I came home from work and decided I could not longer take these three week old chicks in the house, so they are all outside now. They do have the Ecoglow. I'm a little discouraged that all the golden cuckoos are boys, but I guess I'll certainly have my pick! I'm not sure I should pursue this breed, as they are hard to track down.....

just popping in to say "HI" and I hope to see everyone this sunday at the poultry show at the windsor fairgrounds.
May 25th Sunday come join us for a Poultry show at the Windsor Fairgrounds, lots to see, Poultry show starts at 9:00, junior showmanship, raffle table, live auction and quality birds for sale from our exhibitors. Free to get in.
see our link for directions to the show

http://www.centralmainebirdfanciers.org/

I'll be showing my paint silkies and my kids will be showing silkies and call ducks. come by and visit me, I'm sure I'll be at the raffle table most of the day

Geez! Thats horrible. Contact hannaford corporate. They get tax right offs for giving greens away. That employee didn't know what they were talking about. I'm lucky to have the friendliest hannafords in all of New England.
smile.png
The crew at the Brewer Hannaford is great, too! I actually find grocery shopping fun, when I go there. It's like a big social event for me (pretty sad, I know). Where do you go BOA-Brewer or Ellsworth? I've heard the Ellsworth crew is good, too.

Back
Top Bottom