Make eggs richer

Bare bottom farm

Songster
10 Years
Aug 23, 2009
White Pine
hmm.png
Hi All, Is there a food you can feed that will make your eggs taste richer? Thank you!

I'm not the best with chicken feed but i do know that before you buy look at ingredients our ask the guy/lady from the store about it, we just use free range chicken feed, yellow bag, chicken picture
smile.png
just look and you'll find
lol.png
tongue.png
big_smile.png

And be careful asking because sometimes the feed store employee might not know. Always read labels and do research. That's how I decided to feed my cats Innova Evo and they're beautifully healthy.

access to greens - either free range (clover, grasses, weeds) or treats like lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, etc.

also anything orange and high in beta-carotenes like pumpkin, winter squash, carrots, sweet potatoes. Mine prefer these things cooked or soft.

I've definately seen a great improvement in the egg quality if the ladies have their free range access. When they were in the coop/run area and didn't have access to the back yard (I was getting pheasant netting to keep hawks out) the eggs were pale not as nice.

All back to lovely once the netting was up and the ladies went out to scratch and eat in their big yard.

Back
Top Bottom