Make it stop! My duck won't take a break from laying eggs

I’m not aware of your setup but you might get by with some greenhouse shade cloth or privacy screening. It still lets air through. The 80% shade cloth blocks 80% of the light coming through. I wouldn’t ask my neighbor to change anything, but that’s just my opinion. Good luck.
Thanks! That's good to know. I actually have shade cloth.

My neighbor is actually a really nice guy, and we always try and help each other out whenever possible, with whatever issues either of us might have.

Thanks!

My gosh, you seemed to have encountered all sorts of complex issues. I'm glad you are here, as your posts are really educational.

My neighbor is actually a good egg, so I might talk to him and ask him to take that light down, or at least put up a motion sensor, so it's not on all night.

How did you rig up a fan in your duck house and protect the cords from elements?
Yeah, my ducks have sure kept me busy over the years.

That's great that you can speak with your neighbor! That'll be very useful!

We have a big 10x10 room for my ducks in a barn. It has regular electrical, so it was easy. And my partner just does all that stuff for me, so I asked for it and it happened. He drilled large holes in the walls and covered them with hardware cloth and some porous dark material and put on a fan. I think.... I took the ducks for a walk so they wouldn't be scared.

Lettuce doesn't really have any vitamins. Peas I'm not sure about and tomatoes are mainly vitamin c
It depends on the lettuce. Iceberg is pretty much worthless nutritionally speaking. Romaine is actually high in Beta Carotene/Vitamin A, Vitamin K and has calcium and folate (a b vitamin). Some of the darker green lettuces have similar nutritional profiles.

It depends on the lettuce. Iceberg is pretty much worthless nutritionally speaking. Romaine is actually high in Beta Carotene/Vitamin A, Vitamin K and has calcium and folate (a b vitamin). Some of the darker green lettuces have similar nutritional profiles.
Huh. Learn something new every day. I only eat the iceberg stuff so I have no experience for anything dark and leafy

Back
Top Bottom