Make the Coughing Stop!

mikarod

Songster
11 Years
Sep 28, 2008
Oklahoma
Please..I'm at my wits end.

I have had this HORRIBLE cough for over a week. It's disgusting. It honestly sounds like I'm hacking up a lung.

Does ANYONE have any tried and true methods for stopping a cough?

I'm going to the doctor, but I have a feeling it's the flu, so I'm just going to have to "tough it out" anyways. Over the counter medicines ain't working.

Hot tea with honey and lemon. Sucking on a lemon wedge will help a sore throat; lemon drop candy is almost as good. If you have gunk in your lungs that needs to mobilize, guifenasen or Mucinex is good. You can get that OTC and I think the generic is good enough (the brand name is quite pricey).

Sorry, I don't have any cough remedies, but a surefire way to tell if you have flu is to imagine someone left a $100 bill on your doorstep. If you can get up and put it in your pocket then you have a bad cold. If you couldn't care less, then its flu.
big_smile.png

I couldn't care less....LOL

Last night...I wanted to eat...I really did...I just couldn't force myself off of the couch to eat..too much energy...lol

It's bright green. I usually only run the fever at night but I'm getting lucky and it's decided to stick around during the day too.

My normal body temp is 96.2*F, and my fever has been around 100*F since Thursday.

My Dh walked around with a cough for almost 2 weeks. I kept telling him he had pneumonia. But being the man he was didn't listen until it started to interfere with bike riding. Out of breath the whole ride. Finally went to the doctor. Guess what, he had pneumonia. He had 2 different inhalers and 2 rounds of antibiotics and a dose of steroids before he got rid of it. He'll listen next time.

Quote:
You definitely need to see the Doctor. Over the counter meds probably won't even touch that. Honey/lemon and hot water help, but you need more than home remedies right now.

Good Luck and feel better soon.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom