Make the Coughing Stop!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mikarod, Nov 24, 2008.

1. mikarod

mikarod Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Please..I'm at my wits end.

I have had this HORRIBLE cough for over a week. It's disgusting. It honestly sounds like I'm hacking up a lung.

Does ANYONE have any tried and true methods for stopping a cough?

I'm going to the doctor, but I have a feeling it's the flu, so I'm just going to have to "tough it out" anyways. Over the counter medicines ain't working.

2. junebug7334

junebug7334 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    dry or wet describe more please

3. warhorse

warhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2008
    Cibolo, TX
    Hot tea with honey and lemon. Sucking on a lemon wedge will help a sore throat; lemon drop candy is almost as good. If you have gunk in your lungs that needs to mobilize, guifenasen or Mucinex is good. You can get that OTC and I think the generic is good enough (the brand name is quite pricey).

4. Jennyhaschicks

Jennyhaschicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2008
    Maine
    Yah, wet or dry? It could be post nasal drip too.

5. mikarod

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Wet, very wet. From the chest cavity, not the head. It started as chest...never went to head.

6. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    What color mucus are you coughing up? Do you have a fever?

7. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Sorry, I don't have any cough remedies, but a surefire way to tell if you have flu is to imagine someone left a $100 bill on your doorstep. If you can get up and put it in your pocket then you have a bad cold. If you couldn't care less, then its flu. [​IMG]

8. mikarod

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I couldn't care less....LOL

Last night...I wanted to eat...I really did...I just couldn't force myself off of the couch to eat..too much energy...lol

It's bright green. I usually only run the fever at night but I'm getting lucky and it's decided to stick around during the day too.

My normal body temp is 96.2*F, and my fever has been around 100*F since Thursday.

9. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    My Dh walked around with a cough for almost 2 weeks. I kept telling him he had pneumonia. But being the man he was didn't listen until it started to interfere with bike riding. Out of breath the whole ride. Finally went to the doctor. Guess what, he had pneumonia. He had 2 different inhalers and 2 rounds of antibiotics and a dose of steroids before he got rid of it. He'll listen next time.

10. CountryMom

CountryMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    South Texas
    Quote:You definitely need to see the Doctor. Over the counter meds probably won't even touch that. Honey/lemon and hot water help, but you need more than home remedies right now.

Good Luck and feel better soon.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by