Make the Coughing Stop!

You can always got to Grandpa's remedy! A shot of Jack Daniels Whiskey. It will burn out the gunk better than mucinex! ANDDD if you don't stick to 1 shot, you don't care about much else! LOL

a couple of things to add...........( see post on histo!) all of what seismic wonder said, you may need to sweat it out.....and I hate to ask.......but do you smoke? I am SO not judging you but it helps to think about the cough.

I am so sorry for the pneumonia part - I have had it three times, and once you get it you are pretty much suseptible for upper respirtory. I am not spelling very good today either.
hmm.png

OK, they have you on Amox.

Take it for the FULL COURSE!
DO NOT STOP when you feel better! Take all they give you or it will flare up again EVEN WORSE!

Amox wil not only get the bad things in your lungs, it will wipe out your intestinal flora also. SO...EAT LOTS OF YOGURT!
Especially those little ones that say "acidofilous"
If you get the little ones, eat one with every meal.

Keep eating yogurt for at least three weeks after you stop taking Amox.

Quote:
Get thee to the doctor. You let it get ahead of you by being stoic/stubborn/stupid and you'll be coughing your d*** fool head off for 9 months...uh...like I did. After like 3 weeks I went to the doctor but it was so entrenched that the various antibiotics he gave me couldn't touch it. I spent the rest of that winter, spring and most of summer with a bottle of cough syrup that I took swigs from and feeling like crap.

Quote:
I used to...in 9th grade (shhh!!!!) but I quit....I played clarinet and it made it too daggum hard to compete in the All-County, All-District and All-State competitions if I couldn't breathe enough to get the notes out! lol!

It was only like a pack a week...but still...I stopped Sophomore year in high school.

hugs.gif
I was very sickly as a child and young adult. Pneumonia and bronchitis were the norm for me. My granny used to make me tea w/ honey,lemon and a shot of strong whiskey.They also would boil a pot of water and have me tent my head and breath the steam. Also bundle up,put vicks on your chest,stay out of drafts,sleep as much as you can. Also Emergen'c packets work so good to boost up your energy and vitamin level. Chicken,onions,garlic and chile all have proven antibiotic properties. I feel for you, Lots of rest! Get better fast.

I get bronchitis yearly. It's my "thing" I guess

This fall I bought some of that Zicam nasal swabs. Been using them for a month and I really think they are helping. My cold was VERY short lived and hasnt made it to the bronchitis stage. *knock on wood*
I have been using them on my daughter as well, since the poor kid is picking up EVERYTHING at school.

Take care of yourself, rest and water water water

Here is an email that i had gotten form a friend of mine today! Immediately thought of you!

During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks Vapo rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines.. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemical makeup of these s trong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprise finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, (incredibly annoying!) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed at how it works.

DON'T SHUN THIS ONE.. TRY IT THE NEXT TIME YOU GET A BAD COLD.

Back
Top Bottom