Make your own Automatic Rain Water Drinking Center ---Tons of Photos!

I will have show this to DH. I already have the gutters up and filling a garbage can. I really like your filter.

Quote:
Ok... now I am curious... what are thinking of using in there place...?

I will have water hoses coming out of all of my rain barrels, so that I can use the collected water to fill up all of my gallon and rubber waterers. I have a lot of chickens, duck, geese and turkeys, so I have to dispense the water that way. Hopefully this will save me a few dollars on my light bill.

Your set up is wonderful. It looks so nice.
thumbsup.gif

Very nice.

The water in my rain barrel has a brownish tint. I don't suspect it's a big issue.

Do you have an overflow pipe? Even with the small roof, it doesn't take much rain to fill up one barrel.

Last edited:
I already have a rain barrel just like this I use for my garden. I have been noticing the water is crystal clear in it. My first thought was "Wonder how I could rig this up to use for the hens?"
My favorite idea was using some wire under the lid. I didn't do this and have been wondering if at some point the screen may give out.
Thanks for sharing, Awesome!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok... now I am curious... what are thinking of using in there place...?

I will have water hoses coming out of all of my rain barrels, so that I can use the collected water to fill up all of my gallon and rubber waterers. I have a lot of chickens, duck, geese and turkeys, so I have to dispense the water that way. Hopefully this will save me a few dollars on my light bill.

Your set up is wonderful. It looks so nice.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks... but I want to see some photos of how your doing what your doing!
It sounds brilliant!
perhaps it will help others out too.

Last edited:
Quote:
I will probably have to install an overflow pipe... i did not think of that....

as for the brown water...BLEACH add some bleach 1/4 cup per 50 gallons should do it...

Last edited:
Awesome! I am planning on collecting rain for my garden and wondered if I could for the chickens as well! Thanks for the great pictures. Adding this to my to do for the coop! I was thinking of using those small bowls that you can get for horses as the waterers, but may have to look into nipples...

Back
Top Bottom