Making a breed of chicken

Not sure if this is my ameraucana x glw baby or not. It has what looks like a rose comb, not a pea comb. It also came out of a egg that looks like hers. It’s either hers or a olive egger (legbar mix) with the black ameraucana roo. But I think it’s GLW because of comb.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I find it ugly and bad for ease of grooming, genetics and more, especially since it’s dominant and often shows poor EE genes.
B- but- boof.... Imagine how ugly Ameraucanas would be without them? But I don‘t show my birds so don’t need to groom their Boofs, so I guess it’s understandable. BUT UGLY? They‘re the cutest things in the world!

A81BC2DF-0327-42C3-8D91-E148335E4075.jpeg

I find it ugly and bad for ease of grooming, genetics and more, especially since it’s dominant and often shows poor EE genes.
I have a beautiful punkin orange EE x RIR hen who has layer an egg every day for the past 2 years, she is super healthy and my best groomed chicken. If your puffle birds environment is dirty they will look scraggly because there beard picks up mud from the ground, that's why it's best to keep it extra clean for those birds

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom