Making a breed of chicken

I find it ugly and bad for ease of grooming, genetics and more, especially since it’s dominant and often shows poor EE genes.
IMG_2482 (4).JPG
ugly though? Heck nah!
image2 (6).jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2430 (1).JPG
    IMG_2430 (1).JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 7
That’s exacly what I’m saying, it’s extremely difficult to produce blue Eggers with no muffs beard if you start with an EE flock. I’m currently trying to produce a blue egg laying chicken with 260+ egg rate a year that is completely black and the other White, green legs and rose comb, no beard.

That is beautiful foliage your bird is in, I used to live on Oahu but moved because of costs.

Attachments

• 1D701716-F41B-4363-BF42-B3A94BFDE045.jpeg
    1D701716-F41B-4363-BF42-B3A94BFDE045.jpeg
    929.6 KB · Views: 7
I also have a black hen who lays blue eggs so I'm assuming she is a bit like yours? May I ask how that works? Blue\green eggs but no beard\muffs?
The blue egg gene has no connection to beard/muffs. The EEs with beard/muffs have Ameraucana background. But if you start with a cream legbar for example the Easter Eggers wont be getting the beard/muffs from the Ameraucana.

That’s exacly what I’m saying, it’s extremely difficult to produce blue Eggers with no muffs beard if you start with an EE flock. I’m currently trying to produce a blue egg laying chicken with 260+ egg rate a year that is completely black and the other White, green legs and rose comb, no beard.
If you start with an EE flock with Ameraucana background that is true. But not all EEs have Ameraucana background.

why do you want muffs and beard, I can’t get it OUT of my flock, any tips

I will take some photos of my blue egg laying chicken tomorrow! She is solid black with no beard or muffs and lays an egg everyday

Not sure if this is my ameraucana x glw baby or not. It has what looks like a rose comb, not a pea comb. It also came out of a egg that looks like hers. It’s either hers or a olive egger (legbar mix) with the black ameraucana roo. But I think it’s GLW because of comb.View attachment 2374322View attachment 2374323
Comb looks like a Walnut. Walnut combs are a combination of Pea Comb, & Rose comb. RR/PP, Rr/PP, RR/Pp, or Rr/Pp. There's 4 different genetic combos for walnut comb.

Back
Top Bottom