Making a card board incubator - had left over eggs and can't throw out

PolishPoppy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 6, 2010
Hi! I bought a mini-Brisnea incubator, but could only fit about 11 eggs in it, and we have 6 extra! (I got them off ebay) I cannot bring myself to throw them out so my husband is building (right now poor guy)) a card board incubator, with a 60W light bulb, therm inside and a bowl of water.... All I have to do is turn the eggs half a turn to an X and then to an O side? And this is what is known as a still air incubator? Is there anything else we/I need to know? I want to give them our best shot...

We are working on it...so far three different thermometers read three different temps (they are all in the same spot) so we think it is the thermometers...and we do not want to set the egss till we know what the temps are....

Do you think it might be that the cardboard allows for to big of a temp fluctuation. Starfoam might work better. Just a thought.

We are going to get another thermometer today...but teh temp appears to be stable, just at three diff temps (they are all in the same spot so it can't be because they are in diff areas...)

I had 3 brand new LG thermometers all 3 give different temps +/- 3 degrees!!!! I tossed them and got a wireless one. That way I could be any place in the house and see the temp.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Back
Top Bottom