Making a duck coop

Thanks for all of the kind words.
big_smile.png

The netting is just placed over a make shift 1/2" PVC (schedule 40) structure. I had to run pieces between the arches and supports vertically in the center otherwise they would fallover. It was a learning experience as I built it. There are definitely some improvements that I would do if/when I do it again. The netting is held onto the structure and along the fence tops using cable ties, you can see some of them along the front.

Originally I was going to make everything out of wood but the PVC was by far much much less expensive and easier to work with. It may not look as nice, just as my wife, but it works and has kept the neighbor's cats and hawks out of the duck yard.
woot.gif

I have also planned on making something like this for a greenhouse type structure for our garden but that was put on hold for now.

The bird netting that I bought was from a website (www.plantfactorygardencenter.com). I used two 28x28ft nets for the duck yard and I also used a 14x75 ft net to cover my chicken run area. The chicken run wraps around three sides of a 10x12 shed which I converted into our chicken coop.

Back
Top Bottom