Making a trade, think I got the better end of the deal..

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
Well I have a really nice arab gelding that I just dont have time to work with so Im trading him for an Oberhasli doe that has been with an alpine buck but dont know if she is bred or not. I do have a Nigerian buckling I can use to freshen her if she is not. I also have a boar/pygmie cross and a LaManchaX doe that I hope to milk as well.

I am also geting a pair of Checkerd Giant rabbits and a palamino doe rabbit to add to my meat heard.

He is a really nice colt but the market is so bad right now and Im tired of feeding him waiting for the market to comeback. So I think this will be a good deal. He will be geting a good home and I will be geting some "usefull" livestock. Now If I could find some one to trade something for one or 2 of these mares Id be right where I want to be.

hey,if your happy with the deal then its a good trade...I once traded 2 persian cats,reg..for a buckskin gaited/morgan x colt..I then sold the colt for $1000..everyone was happy then..

If you are satisfied, then it is a good trade.
wink.png

And the best part is that he is getting a good home.
Horse prices in Ohio are terribly low. Two yearling paint fillies just sold at our local auction for $65 for one and $75 for the other. These were good looking healthy horses, I know where they came from.
What seems to be holding it's own value wise is poultry and goats. I have seen dairy milking goats selling at auctions for more than horses lately.
I think people are concerned about the economy and going for productive animals right now.

Yeah but its still bums me, 2 years ago when I was determind to keep him I could have goten 1500-2000 for him. But oh well, everone will be happy and Ill be saving that much in feed anyway, thats a huge plus..lol

Sounds like a good deal to me!

We just paid $500 for our two year old black and white paint mare. People from the rest of the country cringe when I tell them that, but the horse market here in NJ is still not as bad as it is in other parts of the country. $500 for a registered two year old is cheap here! Granted, we probably still did overpay, but I've seen two years olds for as much as $2000. That's just ridiculous. People are still paying $10,000 just for decent horses here in NJ when people in other states can't even GIVE away good horses. It really is sad. I mean, you could go to auction and pick up a super cheap horse, but you never know what you could be bringing home. We've had good and bad auction experiences, but sometimes its just not worth it!

The way the horse market is I think you got a great deal. You are going to save much more money on the feed you WONT be feeding him and you have some nice rabbits and a nice goat which are both sustainable animals to add to your menagerie. In my area Goats and Rabbits are in the highest demand I have ever seen them. I nice big billy goat will go up to 175 to 200 at our local auction and rabbits especially grown big meat types can go up to 20 or more dollars.

I definately think yo got the better end. Anything that you trade for that will make you money vs costing you money is a good trade.
Here we can not give away horses even mini ones. The cattle market has also gone down fast too.

Back
Top Bottom